What's new

Help ! Cant load a game (XBOX) (1 Viewer)

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
My NCAA footbally won't load for some reason. Had it since July with zero problems. Now when I start the game, it gets to the screen where it is loading and stops when the bar gets about 3/4 of the way . This is on the main screen right after the video clip of crazy fans saying "it's in the game" etc. Could it be the disc or xbox???

p.s. I have not tried any other games. I will try and load Madden when I get home.

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
make sure there are no scratches on the disc, and maybe, (and this is a longshot) you could either backup the save file for the game or just delete it off the hd completely, maybe its trying to load a corrupted save file.. its worth a shot.

Leroy

Second Unit
Boil it!! It really does work. I had an OXM demo disc that refused to load up. I placed it in boiling water for about1 minute, now it work like a charm.

But, I would suggest this as a last resort. There are threads about boiling on TeamXbox and PlanetXbox.

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Boiling? Never heard of that one. It's not the xbox because madden loaded fine. I think the disc is just scratched. Has anyone tried those Game Doctors? I'm going to take the disc by funcoland tomorrow and see if they can do anything.
I thought about erasing the hard drive, but I am in my 4th season !! I deleted everything else off the hard drive and it still doesn't work. :angry: Good thing is Vice City comes out tomorrow and I might forget about my bad disc ! :D

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I think the "dirty disc" error is a default error message, meaning that if there are any unidentifiable problems, the Xbox complains about a dirty disc.
Boiling a disc solves some issues, which makes it sound like a physical problem with the disc. In some cases it sounds like a memory problem. This is from the Morrowind forums:
We have worked with save games sent by gamers and have found that turning the autosave option off in the Options menu and then every one to two hours, saving your current game and then loading the save game may also clear up this error. If you are currently experiencing the dirty disc message sooner than 2 hours, you should save and reload your game earlier.
Saving frequently will not solve the problem by itself. You must load the game after you save it.
Good luck.
-Dave

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
only thing is I haven't gotten the dirty disc error ever. The game just won't load all the way. It stops 3/4 of the way and just freezes. Gotta be a bad disc. :frowning:

Steve Herman

Auditioning
I had this same problem with NCAA 2003. Getting a new disc will not solve the problem. The problem lies with the saved NCAA info on the hard drive. I had to wipe out all my NCAA files and start over, just to get the game to load properly. Hope this helps!!

Steve

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Steve , yours just froze while loading without the dirty disc error??

I took mine to funcoland and it loaded on their xbox, but it was very slow to load.

Peter Loan

Second Unit
Michael, my NCAA won't load either! For a good two months, it worked fine and I was having lots of fun with the game's Dynasty mode. All of the sudden, 3/4 of the way while loading, the game just freezes on me. I'll try the boiling trick today and if that doesn't work, guess I'll have to wipe the game's HD save:frowning:

Steve Herman

Auditioning
Michael,

Yeah, my game would just freeze up without the dirty disc error. Exactly at the point everyone is saying. I returned the game, and got a new one, but the problem was still there. So I decided to wipe out the game's saved files, and that fixed the problem. Have had no problems since then.

Steve

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
well i have a xbox magazine demo disc that wouldnt load and the boiling thing worked... very strange, but cool!!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Did you try loading 3 other games first? Or copying to a memory card, then back to the hard drive?

-Dave

Peter Loan

Second Unit
Hmm, the franchise/dynasty data is not loaded at the time of bootup. I'm pretty sure you can just delete the small startup files and have the game load up properly, and then just load the dynasty stuff afterwards. I'll test it out and report back.

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Peter, I thought about the same thing right after I deleted my files. That is strange that it won't work. I wondery why. Now I have lost interest in the game. I played 4 seasons in one franchise and then 4 in my last. March Madness is right around the corner so I will just be patient until then. Vice City should keep my occupied. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks