What's new

HELP! Can Tosh. 50H81 Audio Be Screwed Up During 56 Pt. Convergence? (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Before performing convergence, all was well. However, after I finished I noticed when I played a DVD that the TV audio was GONE! When played through the HT it's OK, though. I remember hitting a 'wrong' button while I was doing the convergence (#9 on the remote), but I THOUGHT I was alright.
Regular television OTA is fine because I'm using the antenna input and not the 'ColorStream 1".

I don't listen to the TV speakers as a rule when playing DVD's, but just knowing that somethings up really bothers me.

I posted this under a different heading a few weeks ago, but only got one response from someone suggesting that I check all connections. All connections ARE checked and all are secure. Still nothing.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, it is entirely likely that the "wrong" button you pressed must have done something.

Why not unplug the set. Then, when turning it on, default it back to the factory settings and see if you can get the set's internal audio back on that way.

Should that work, recalibrate the thing for the correct picture settings. Your convergence should remain intact, I think.

(I assume you did some troubleshooting. Did you go through the audio menu, and have you read the owner's manual for tips?)

Gregg, Neil--care to take a shot at this?

Users who are viewing this thread