What's new

help Calibrating speakers (1 Viewer)

Julio

Agent
is like I don't know what I'm doing I don't know what volume to give my speakers or the subwoofer I don't know if to give tweeters volume or raise the base on the front speakers I bought the SPL METER from RADIO SHACK the digital while I was at PC RICHARD AND SON in manhattan today I looked at some DVD cleaners and I noticed they had a HOME THEATER SETUP DVD there but it doesn't say much about anything but it sounds good though

Julio

Agent
I have calibrated my speakers I was playing around with the equalization of the receiver and the volume of the center and surround and I was able to calibrate the speakers with the same volume all 81-82 db and the volume set at -45

I have a sony STR-DE1075 receiver the only thing bad about this receiver you can't give volume to the front speakers

John H

Second Unit
I have a sony STR-DE1075 receiver the only thing bad about this receiver you can't give volume to the front speakers
You would use the receivers master volume knob to set the level of the Left front speaker. If there is a discrepancy between the right and left fronts use the balance control to compensate.

Once you have your front speakers calibrated leave the master volume alone and set the levels of your other speakers to match using the speaker level adjust controls in the receivers speaker setup menu.

It is also recommended to use a setup disc such as Avia, Video Essentials or Sound and Vision Tune Up.

John

Julio

Agent
thanks alot I didn't know that the way to raise the volume on the front speakers was with the master volume I was doing it through the equalization part of the receiver thanks alot once again now is time for me to go and recalibrate my HT then

so then I don't need to touch the EQ for nothing then do i just turn it off

Julio

Agent
JOHN I calibrated the speakers to 85 DB now do I set up the subwoofer to 85db or it is suppose to be higher?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks