help Calibrating speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Julio, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Julio

Julio Agent

is like I don't know what I'm doing I don't know what volume to give my speakers or the subwoofer I don't know if to give tweeters volume or raise the base on the front speakers I bought the SPL METER from RADIO SHACK the digital while I was at PC RICHARD AND SON in manhattan today I looked at some DVD cleaners and I noticed they had a HOME THEATER SETUP DVD there but it doesn't say much about anything but it sounds good though

2. Julio

Julio Agent

I have calibrated my speakers I was playing around with the equalization of the receiver and the volume of the center and surround and I was able to calibrate the speakers with the same volume all 81-82 db and the volume set at -45

I have a sony STR-DE1075 receiver the only thing bad about this receiver you can't give volume to the front speakers

3. John H

John H Second Unit

4. Julio

Julio Agent

thanks alot I didn't know that the way to raise the volume on the front speakers was with the master volume I was doing it through the equalization part of the receiver thanks alot once again now is time for me to go and recalibrate my HT then

so then I don't need to touch the EQ for nothing then do i just turn it off

5. Julio

Julio Agent

JOHN I calibrated the speakers to 85 DB now do I set up the subwoofer to 85db or it is suppose to be higher?

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Subwoofer should be the same.

-Vince