Help Buying New Tv!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Steven_Jobe, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Steven_Jobe

Steven_Jobe Stunt Coordinator

Ok, I've been doing research for a while and looking around and am not sure what I should do. There is a new 27" Sony HDTV that just came out, and it being the 4th of July weekend I can get it for $647 compared to the normal $749. But I'm unsure of what to do....

Should I spring for the Sony, or stick with a Samsung 27" or even 26" widescreen for the same price yet they have built in HD tuners and the Sony doesn't. Or should I get the now discontinued Zenith model with a Faroujda(however it's spelled) DCDi chip for either $550 new or $460 open box(on display for 4 months at Circuit City). Or should I go for the Sanyo 32" with a built in tuner for around $750 at WalMart? Or maybe skip an HD set and wait until later for one when it's a priority to have?

Any help would be appreciated as I really can't make up my mind. I sure do like Sony sets but they are expensive and maybe it's not worth that price?????????????????

Here's a list of the TV's and their prices:
    Sony 27" HDTV: tomorrow only $647

Samsung 27"HDTV with built in tuner: $700

Samsung 26" widescree HDTV with built in tuner: $650 or $700

Zenith 27"HDTV(PIP, Faroujda, the works): $550 or $460 open box

Phillips 30" widescreen HDTV(factory refurbished w/normal warranty and all): $550

Normal 27" analogue TV: $250-$300

2. Steven_Jobe

Please help me out here as I have to make the decision by tomorrow if I want that brand new Sony for that cheap, it's unlikely a product that just got in the store today will be on sale again for $100 off.

3. Steven_Jobe

C'mon someone please help me on this. I see people in these forums respond to some of the most pointless stuff but I've posted a thread similar to this 3 times with no help. I know there's people in here that could.

4. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

I would do the philips personaly, we had less service from philips and panasonic combined than with either sony or zenith