1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help Buying New Tv!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Steven_Jobe, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Steven_Jobe

Steven_Jobe Stunt Coordinator

Ok, I've been doing research for a while and looking around and am not sure what I should do. There is a new 27" Sony HDTV that just came out, and it being the 4th of July weekend I can get it for $647 compared to the normal $749. But I'm unsure of what to do....

Should I spring for the Sony, or stick with a Samsung 27" or even 26" widescreen for the same price yet they have built in HD tuners and the Sony doesn't. Or should I get the now discontinued Zenith model with a Faroujda(however it's spelled) DCDi chip for either $550 new or $460 open box(on display for 4 months at Circuit City). Or should I go for the Sanyo 32" with a built in tuner for around $750 at WalMart? Or maybe skip an HD set and wait until later for one when it's a priority to have?

Any help would be appreciated as I really can't make up my mind. I sure do like Sony sets but they are expensive and maybe it's not worth that price?????????????????

Here's a list of the TV's and their prices:
    Sony 27" HDTV: tomorrow only $647

Samsung 27"HDTV with built in tuner: $700

Samsung 26" widescree HDTV with built in tuner: $650 or $700

Zenith 27"HDTV(PIP, Faroujda, the works): $550 or $460 open box

Phillips 30" widescreen HDTV(factory refurbished w/normal warranty and all): $550

Normal 27" analogue TV: $250-$300

2. Steven_Jobe

Please help me out here as I have to make the decision by tomorrow if I want that brand new Sony for that cheap, it's unlikely a product that just got in the store today will be on sale again for $100 off.

3. Steven_Jobe

C'mon someone please help me on this. I see people in these forums respond to some of the most pointless stuff but I've posted a thread similar to this 3 times with no help. I know there's people in here that could.

4. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

I would do the philips personaly, we had less service from philips and panasonic combined than with either sony or zenith