HELP! Buttons on CP72 not working???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan_R_M, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Dan_R_M

Dan_R_M Stunt Coordinator

Is there something wrong with my unit or is it me? I just got this today and all the buttons on the unit itself except the disc exchange, disc skip, and open/close are NOT working. I can use the remote and everything works, but when I try to use the buttons on the machine they don't work. The power button doesn't even work. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

-Dan

2. John Boutwell

John Boutwell Stunt Coordinator

if you bought it at a B&M, you could always take it back.

3. Dan_R_M

Dan_R_M Stunt Coordinator

I bought it at J&R...I'll be in the city tommorrow so I'll take it back then...unfortunatly they don't have anymore in stock so hopefully they don't give me a hard time about getting my money back. I am also a bit skeptical about getting another one, although I will most likely give it another shot...anyone know of another online retailer selling the cp72 black?

4. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

I'm having the exact same problem. Mine freezes up periodically, and none of the buttons or remote work. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it starts working again. I bought it day before yesterday at Ultimate Electronics in Phoenix. I'm pretty PO'ed since I live in Tucson, two hours away. The picture and sound are stunning, but the look and feel is quite flimsy.

5. Sean L

Sean L Stunt Coordinator

I bought my black CP-72 from one call about a month ago, works great, I have had no problems at all, $240 delivered less the $30 mail in rebate.

Sean in Nor Cal