1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help building my HT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Johnson, Oct 28, 2001.

1. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

I know I am backasswards at building this system....but still looking for help.
    I purchased 2 klipsch quintets & a kscc1(center) online for about $160(new). I based these purchases totally on reviews. (which i know is a no-no)
    I am looking for a receiver and after reading reviews am leaning towards the onkyo ds494. I dont want to spend over 300 for the receiver & assumed this is the best bang-for-the-buck. Are there any others available that match up to this receiver?
    Secondly....using the quintets for rear surrounds & the c1 for the center channel (which I havent gotten yet) Should I buy two more quintets & a dedicated sub.....or.... can I use my two large floor speakers for my FR & FL.
    Be looking out for more questions as I assume one I figure this out I will need to know the best setup/postioning etc. [​IMG]
    Thanks ...

2. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

RE: