What's new

HELP...BIOS problems (1 Viewer)

MichaelZ

Grip
ok I just finish building my new computer and I'm having trouble with the BIOS...first off, this is what i bought:

-lian li PC-69 case with antec true power 550w power supply
-Asus P4C800 deluxe motherboard
-2GB of dual ddr400 memory
-intel p42.6ghz cpu at 800mhz bus
-160GB seagate barracuda serial ATA hdd @ 7200rpm
-ati raedon 9800 pro video card
-pioneer slot load dvd-rom
-samsung 955DF 19" monitor @ 0.20mm dot pitch

now my problem is in the bios settings, i go through and set everything up. Yet everytime the power is cut from the unit the bios resets itself, it gives a CMOS settings error, CMOS clock not set and I gotta go through and redo all the settings. I checked the jumper on the mb, and its fine, i even put on a new jumper just incase. The only thing I can think of is that the battery is faulty on the board. but I bought this thing brand new, so i dunno how the battery could be dead. Are there any other reasons for this error to be comming up??

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
The only reason that comes to mind is a dead battery. It's not that uncommon. I have the ASUS A7N8X and I know of a number of people who had to replace their battery. I'd just head over to Radio Shack and get a new one.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Yup, dead battery.

Man, what did you get the 550 watt psu for? I have one of those in a dual athlon system with a raid and it's not even taxed yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks