HELP...BIOS problems

Discussion in 'Computers' started by MichaelZ, Jun 24, 2003.

1. MichaelZ

MichaelZ Extra

Jan 24, 2003
    ok I just finish building my new computer and I'm having trouble with the BIOS...first off, this is what i bought:

-lian li PC-69 case with antec true power 550w power supply
    -Asus P4C800 deluxe motherboard
    -2GB of dual ddr400 memory
    -intel p42.6ghz cpu at 800mhz bus
    -160GB seagate barracuda serial ATA hdd @ 7200rpm
    -ati raedon 9800 pro video card
    -pioneer slot load dvd-rom
    -samsung 955DF 19" monitor @ 0.20mm dot pitch

now my problem is in the bios settings, i go through and set everything up. Yet everytime the power is cut from the unit the bios resets itself, it gives a CMOS settings error, CMOS clock not set and I gotta go through and redo all the settings. I checked the jumper on the mb, and its fine, i even put on a new jumper just incase. The only thing I can think of is that the battery is faulty on the board. but I bought this thing brand new, so i dunno how the battery could be dead. Are there any other reasons for this error to be comming up??
  2. John*Jones

John*Jones Stunt Coordinator

Jun 4, 2002
    The only reason that comes to mind is a dead battery. It's not that uncommon. I have the ASUS A7N8X and I know of a number of people who had to replace their battery. I'd just head over to Radio Shack and get a new one.
  3. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

May 8, 2003

Man, what did you get the 550 watt psu for? I have one of those in a dual athlon system with a raid and it's not even taxed yet...