What's new

Help. Best, top of the line 34" widescreen Direct view CRT? (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
one more time...

As the title states I need some help.

I am looking to buy a new TV and I had pretty decided on the 34HFX84.

I suddenly realized however I was going for it based on a liking for Toshiba's Cinema series from checking out their 51" and 65" RPTVs earlier this year.

So I want your opinions guys, what is the best, top of the line 34" widescreen Direct view CRT?

I am looking for the best of the best picture wise. Features are secondary unless it affects PQ. For example I am overlooking the 34HF84 because I cannot disable the SVM.

I hear Panasonic has a nice one but does not accept 720p signals. Sony sounds nice but from past experience they are overpriced and I rather have the BEST PQ regardless of name.

So where to go.

Now I know the best thing would be for me to see myself and compare visually but there are NO stores in my area that have the in proper conditions for comparison. All are in "sports mode" and it bright light display areas.

I will be viewing DVD 90% of the time and hopefully soon some HD content.

Thanks in advance guys!

Sebastien S

Second Unit
I have Toshiba's 34HFX84 and I think it's the best of the lot! The picture is outstanding, especially with DVD's!!! It does accept 720p signals (through HDMI input) but downconverts it to 540p. It also upconverts 480p signals to 540p. Through "component" input, you can watch DVD's at 540p or 1080i (your preferance).

It also has "indepedent input memory" and 2 HDMI inputs!!!

(This set also has one of the best "red levels" I have ever seen! Unlike most TV's, it practicaly doesn't push any reds).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks