Help! B&K audio processor problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Nelson Au, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Hi Guys-

I have not posted in this section in ages, I hope you can help me.

I have a B&K pre-amp AVP-4090 which I bought new in January 98. It's been working great and performing excellently. It recently had the ROM upgraded by the factory about 2 years ago. It is connected to the AV5000 5 channel amp.

The other evening I tried something I've not done for some months, try to watch a TV program with pro-logic. I set the AVP-4090 to the preset TV setting to get the audio from the TV processed through it. BUt I get no audio. I tried shutting it off, then on. I then tried swapping the cables that go to the processor from the TV audio out to the VCR audio out which I know works. The audio was still not working. In both cases, I turn the volume up past 0 db to see if there's any sound and I get some hiss. A good or bad sign?

This had been working as far I recall a few months ago. The other functions for dolby digital from a DVD source works fine still. I get both Pro-Logic and Dolby Digital processing from the DVD source. This leads me to conclude from the test I did that the TV setting on the pre-amp is not working. I will test the DTS setting is working later today. By the way, the setting for the TV audio is set for digital off.

Any ideas for other tests to confirm the audio is bad on the processor is appreciated. Thanks!

Nelson

2. Brian tj

Brian tj Stunt Coordinator

Hi Nelson
    Call B&K they have a good tec line. No problems with my B&K, sorry if the advice seems oaves.