HELP :) Audio Component Case

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett W, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Brett W

Brett W Agent

I am in the initial stages of creating an MP3 player for my HT (don't worry I will post fill creation instructions on my Web site (coming soon [​IMG])). I have the most of the hardware required, except a PCI riser card and a TV video card (found the rise, just have to order, and have an E-Bay bid for the GFX card).
    What I am after, and this my plea for help, is an audio component case to house the hardware in, that will sit on my Flexi rack and blend in with the rest of the system...
    ... I found a German site that has them (aber das ist nicht guut [​IMG]), but am after one that is coming from the US as that's where I am currently residing. If any of you could possibly help me in tracking one down I would be very very very grateful.
    Thanks in advance, Brett

2. Mark Wylie

Mark Wylie Auditioning

I know that there are project boxes available in various sizes at electronics stores. They come on various sizes etc., some with punch outs for knobs and stuff. You'd probably have to paint but that's where I'd be looking.
    Mark

3. Ken Cline

Ken Cline Stunt Coordinator

Try this place http://www.par-metal.com
    I've purchased an enclosure from them for an amp I'm building. They mostly have rack mount stuff, but you can get any size(including non-rack mount) you want. Go to the create-a-size page. Prices are pretty good.
    ------------------
    Ken Cline - Home Theater Fanatic
    [email protected]
    Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Crap!
    www.dvdtracker.com/~kencline.asp

4. Brett W

Brett W Agent

Thanks for those tips, TBH I am not really looking at the Rat Shack style project boxes as I want this to 'blend' in with the rest of the system.
    Right now it's getting built up on a piece of wood, so I guess anything more than that is going to be an improvment.
    Thanks for link to Par-Metal Products, once I get home tonight I shall take a better look at what I can get. If anyone else can offer any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. There was a point yesterday when I nearly bought an ex-demo DVD player just for the case, then I cam to my senses.
    Thanks again for the suggestions. Once this is finished and once I get my Web site up to date, I shall let this forum know.
    - Brett