What's new

HELP!!! Audi CD Changer Magazine Removal (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Got to get the magazine out manually...and I can not figure out where the "click" is to be able to do that.

Also..is there an onboard/internal fuse on the changer? Michelle's player went whacko on her and I am lost fixing it.

Thanks in advance

scott>sau

Stunt Coordinator
I do not know of fuses in changers, but there may be. Try removing all the CDs from the magazine and inserting the empty magazine into the changer. Now turn on the unit and see if the cd goes back into the magazine. If it does not, look for a reset button on the changer. It will be a tiny hole near the eject button that requires a paper clip or toothpick to be inserted to contact the switch. Try pushing this with the magazine inserted. If you do not see a reset switch on the changer look for one on the face of the radio or, if it is a removable face radio, remove the face and see if there is a switch on the panel behind the face and try that. If all of this does not work, the changer will have to be disassembled for the CD to be removed. If the unit is under warranty, take it back so as not to void your warranty by disassembling the unit.

Now, try to get to the root of the problem. A CD may have been placed wrong. The gears in the changer may need lubrication. Try using some of those freebie CD's ISP's give out and cycle through all six discs after you lubricate it.

Users who are viewing this thread