What's new

Help, Anyone in Canada know where I can get an Analog SPL meter???? (1 Viewer)

Nick V

Second Unit
The only one I can find is a digital one at Radio Shack for $90, and it seems that here in Canada at least, Radio Shack no longer sells the analog SPL meters??

Anyone in Canada know of a different store where I can find an analogue SPL meter for a reasonable price?

Thank you

I went looking for the analog meter at Radio Shack about a year ago and found it was discontinued in Canada The only hope you have is to find some old stock.

Since I live in Vancouver I drove down to Bellingham USA and bought one there. You might try mail order through the Radio Shack USA site or if you know someone in the US have them buy it for you and ship it.

Doug

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
what is wrong with the digital ones? i want to purchase it, but since you guys seem to prefer the old ones...well tell me what kind of spl meter should i buy now?

Nick V

Second Unit
I just want an analog one 'cause they're way less expensive. I'm only 18. I don't really wanna be spending $100 on an SPL meter when I could be spenking that money on booze, or upgrading my system. I would guess that the digital ones are more accurate.

I have actually seen the analog ones recommended. I got lucky and purchased one when the Radio Shack was clearing them out. I used the AVIA dvd to calibrate my system and they were showing the same one on the screen.

Regards
Emmett

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
TommyL:

They don't ship to Canada.

A couple monthes ago I went in search of an analog meter, and could not get one in Canada, shipped or locally. With no interest in the $89.99 CAD digital meter, I saw that the US Analog modelw as on sale for 29.99 US. Had a great guy from here on the forum purchase and ship me one, and the total of shipping, currency conversion, etc, all came to less then the cost of the Canadian digital model...

So, your best bet, in my opinion, is to find somebody in the US who is willing to ship one up to you.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
hmm..well I tried for ya's...I have a hard time believing they'll ship to other places...but not Canada...lots of lost sales:frowning:

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Nick,

I will check for you tomorrow at my local "Rat Shack" and see if they have any in stock. If they do, we can set something up if you want. Upgrades and booze are essential items.

Charles

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
HI Dave,

I'll swing around after work today and check out their inventory on the SPL's. If there are any available, I'll grab them and we can set something up. Will let you know by the end of the day. This is a small store, but I'll give it a bash.

Charles

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Dave and Nick,

I was able to pick up 2 analogue SPL meters at Radio Shack. Depleted their inventory.

The cost was $34.99 USD plus 6% sales tax. If either of you want them, email me within the next couple days on here. If you don't, I'll just make the return.

Charles

Rick Faldo

Stunt Coordinator
Dave and Nick

You should be able to buy the digital model from your local Radio Shack for $64 Cdn. I just bought one a week ago for that price.
Good luck
Rick

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
The Digitals were $59.99 USD or 91.94 CAD.
The analogue was $34.99 USD or 53.63 CAD
If you can buy them at that price, (Dig @64 CAD/$41.75 USD) wanna ship me one? :)

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
The Digital SPL OFTEN goes on sale here in Canada. I got mine for $64 CAD I have seen it on sale EVERY time I had went in to "think" about buying it. I don't know if it was luck or if it is ALWAYS on sale. Seems like at least once a month anyways.

Nick V

Second Unit
I went in yesterday, and it is no longer on sale.

Chas,

Thanks for the offer, but I'm just gonna pick up one of the digital ones the next time they come on sale here.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
*sigh* What Nick said, Chas. I apologize for sending you out of your way, wasn't my intention. But for a price as low as $65CDN, I think I'll wait for a sale at my local Rat Shack. Thanks again for your good effort, and I hope there're no hard feelings, sir. Cheers!

DS.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
HI Dave and Nick.. Noooooooo. Not a problem in the least.
The "Shack" is 5 minutes from my home. A quick debit/credit to the old Master card. Hope that the sale happens very soon so you can start SPL'ing. :) The digitals are pretty cool pieces of equipment. My dog is at 90 db's when the neighbors cat struts by. :) Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks