Help! Anyone have a Sidewinder ForceFeedback 2?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Hepler, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Brian Hepler

Brian Hepler Stunt Coordinator

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick. Nice joystick. Happy joystick.

However, I just rebuilt my system and I can't find the software CD. The download from Microsoft's website doesn't install at all and I can't get it to work without the software.

Does anyone out there have the CD that I can borrow? Or burn me a copy? (I don't think this is illegal since I already own the product, it's free for anyone lucky enough to get the install to work, etc.)

Help!

2. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

I just bought one of these joysticks today. I do have the CD and I'll mail it to you if you wish. Just send me a pm or email.
    However, I am having some problems in the setup. All the buttons work ( after having to do a custom job) except for the analog control of the actual joystick. For the life of me I can't get it to work. There seems to be no setting for it-its like its supposed to work when plugged in and no custom job can change that. I have been at this for 5 hours already!! And try to find information about it! Hah! Fat chance.
    *scratches head*
    Yah you can have the software cd... [​IMG]
    EDIT: Upon further reading after doing a search I may have to settle with a joystick/mouse combo. I didn't think a game like Battlefield 1942 would have only that option but its starting to look that way.

3. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Brian, I mailed the disc. Just to let it be known it may take a couple weeks. I recently sent a disc to a friend in Jackson Mississippi and 2 weeks later he got it.