What's new

Help! Anyone have a Sidewinder ForceFeedback 2? (1 Viewer)

Brian Hepler

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick. Nice joystick. Happy joystick.

However, I just rebuilt my system and I can't find the software CD. The download from Microsoft's website doesn't install at all and I can't get it to work without the software.

Does anyone out there have the CD that I can borrow? Or burn me a copy? (I don't think this is illegal since I already own the product, it's free for anyone lucky enough to get the install to work, etc.)

Help!

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I just bought one of these joysticks today. I do have the CD and I'll mail it to you if you wish. Just send me a pm or email.
However, I am having some problems in the setup. All the buttons work ( after having to do a custom job) except for the analog control of the actual joystick. For the life of me I can't get it to work. There seems to be no setting for it-its like its supposed to work when plugged in and no custom job can change that. I have been at this for 5 hours already!! And try to find information about it! Hah! Fat chance.
*scratches head*
Yah you can have the software cd... :)
EDIT: Upon further reading after doing a search I may have to settle with a joystick/mouse combo. I didn't think a game like Battlefield 1942 would have only that option but its starting to look that way.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Brian, I mailed the disc. Just to let it be known it may take a couple weeks. I recently sent a disc to a friend in Jackson Mississippi and 2 weeks later he got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks