HELP! Anthem upgrade, On Screen is lost. HELP

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam_Reiter, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter Second Unit

Hey guys. I just got my Anthem Upgraded to the 2.0. The same day, I brought home the Sony 40XBR800 Tube Tv. The 40" model. I wasn't using component before the upgrade. I am now using component to the new TV, however, I have no on screen info from the Anthem. I went into the menu on the front panel and made sure OS is set to component+svideo.

I really really liked the onscreen. What can I do to get it back? Am I missing something? I have component main out going to the tv. I just cant figure it out.

Thanx guys

2. wayne p

wayne p Stunt Coordinator

If I recall correctly OSD is not available through component video, only the S-video and composite outputs. You may want to check the manual.

3. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Wayne,

You are correct. On page 18 of the manual (Printed 8/26/02)at the bottom it reads:

"The AVM-20 does not provide ON-Screen Display for the Component video output. If you use Component video, make sure either the composite or S-Video output is also connected from the AVM-20 to your TV so you can view the setup menu and make changes more conveniently. (See section 7)"

Thar ya go!!!

Charles

4. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Wayne's right...only EXTREMELY expensive processors pass Component to OSD. Are you sure it doesn't say COMPOSITE, not COMPONENT?

I know some flagship receivers like the 49tx will pass Component, but not the Anthem, and not any processor that I know of in this price range.