What's new

HELP!! Anthem PVA2 or Rotel RB-1070 ?? (1 Viewer)

Nick V

Second Unit
I'll be buying one of these two amps on friday. The Anthem is about $915 CDN + tax ($572 American), and the Rotel is about $860 CDN + tax ($537 American). I had a chance to listen to the Anthem with a pair of Monitor 11's in a dedicated room at my dealer's, and they sounded great.

On the other hand, I haven't had a chance to listen to the Rotel with Paradigms, but I have heard that they are the better match. I know that this amp is fairly powerful and dynamic, cause I was listening to it with a pair of B&W CDM9-NT's at my dealers (less efficient than the 11's).

So, my question is, which one is the better amp (build quality, quality of parts, ie: power supply, amp section..etc)? Also, which one is the better mate with the Paradigm Monitor 11's?

Thaks,
Nick

Dave Ma

Stunt Coordinator
Both great amps. I like the Rotel with my Paradigms. I thought the Anthem is a little to foward with the Studio's.
But may be fine for the Monitors. I like Rotel stuff myself.:D

PhillipC

Stunt Coordinator
I would go with the Rotel/Paradigm combo. I listened to an Anthem/Paradgim combo and thought the combo was a little harsh in the highs, especially when it got loud. Welcome to a fellow Edmontonian!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks