1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!! Anthem PVA2 or Rotel RB-1070 ??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick V, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Nick V

Nick V Second Unit

I'll be buying one of these two amps on friday. The Anthem is about $915 CDN + tax ($572 American), and the Rotel is about $860 CDN + tax ($537 American). I had a chance to listen to the Anthem with a pair of Monitor 11's in a dedicated room at my dealer's, and they sounded great.

On the other hand, I haven't had a chance to listen to the Rotel with Paradigms, but I have heard that they are the better match. I know that this amp is fairly powerful and dynamic, cause I was listening to it with a pair of B&W CDM9-NT's at my dealers (less efficient than the 11's).

So, my question is, which one is the better amp (build quality, quality of parts, ie: power supply, amp section..etc)? Also, which one is the better mate with the Paradigm Monitor 11's?

Thaks,
    Nick

2. Nick V

Nick V Second Unit

Anybody?

3. Dave Ma

Dave Ma Stunt Coordinator

Both great amps. I like the Rotel with my Paradigms. I thought the Anthem is a little to foward with the Studio's.
    But may be fine for the Monitors. I like Rotel stuff myself.[​IMG]

4. PhillipC

PhillipC Stunt Coordinator

I would go with the Rotel/Paradigm combo. I listened to an Anthem/Paradgim combo and thought the combo was a little harsh in the highs, especially when it got loud. Welcome to a fellow Edmontonian!