What's new

Help!--Annoying hum in Hitachi 32UX51 TV (1 Viewer)

DerekF

Stunt Coordinator
Any ideas on why my Hitachu 32UX51 TV (32" Ultravision) suddenly started to buzz? It's only noticable when things are quiet, and it is not coming from the speakers (they are off).

No matter what channel or input it is on, or whether other components are on/off, there's a low bzzzzzzzzzzz....and it's driving me nuts!

Any ideas?

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Can't really help, but here's a similar story:
My friend has a similar thing happening(high pitch noise) coming from inside of his 27" Sony Vega. He's had it "fixed" 2 times, and there's still the same annoying high pitch noise. They(Circuit City) shipped it to somewhere in Texas or Oklahoma, and they had no clue how to fix it. My reason not to buy a Vega. The noise drives me nuts!
All I can say is I hope that you find an answer to your buzzing, and not end up like my friend!
Best of luck! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Leeds

Stunt Coordinator
How old is the set? If it is really new, get your dealer to send you a new one. If not hit up the Hitachi 800 number and talk to a tech (call their 800 available at their website). Some of their techs actually do know what they are doing and may be able to either suggest an immediate service call or figure out what is going on.

either way you shouldn't be happy with it and should deal with ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks