What's new

HELP! --- Altec Lansing or Klipsh???????? (1 Viewer)

Mike_Ped

Second Unit
This really isnt home theater, but close enough. I'm debated whether to get the new Altec Lansing THX certified PC speaker system (ADA890) or the Kilpsh THX certified system. The Altec Lansing will cost a bit less. Any suggestions???

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
depends on your criteria...warranty, appearance, price, size, your significant other's input, sound. assuming all but the last is a wash, why not audition them in your own environment?

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Klipsch.....the ProMedias have been the highest rated speakers since the v2.400s came out last year. They now have four versions:
2.1 - 2 sats, 1 sub
4.1 - 4 sats, 1 sub
4.2 - 4 sats, 2 subs(basically 2 2.1s bundled together)
5.1 - 5 sats, 1 sub, 1 Digital control box(not out yet but soon)
I own the 4.1s and they blow my mind everytime I use them. A friend of mine bought some of those Altec THX speakers with his new Dell and after hearing them against mine, he sold em on eBay and bought the Klipsch set.

Mike_Ped

Second Unit
Thanx, I think I'm gonna take the suggestion and buy one of the and listen to them in my own setup. If I dont like them I'll just return them and try the other ones. First question is which one to try first.

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
I have the 2.4's and they really are the best computer speakers I have ever heard. With 400 watts of power and Klipsch horn tweeters it no wonder why. Lot's of people like to bag on THX but I happen to beleive in their certification's. I have lot's of gear in my home theater with those symbols on it, and it has all been top notch build and performance wise.
Randy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks