What's new

Help a noobie with some beginner questions (1 Viewer)

davidMac

Auditioning
Trying to get a grip on all this new technology.

My main question concerns internet and networking between AVR, TV and Blu ray. Do all 3 need to be internet capable?

I already have a Panasonic 54G25 internet ready TV.

Looking to get a network AVR but wondering if a blu ray could do most of what the network AVR could do?

Mainly looking to run Netflix, Pandora, HD and stream radio.

Bottom line I found a great deal on a non network AVR Onkyo SR707 but concerned about not having network capabilities.

On the flip side if I went with a network AVR would I really need a blu ray with network/internet? Looking at a Panasonic BD85 or going with a lesser model without internet.

Other question would be HDMI wires to connect TV, Computer, AVR and blu ray all together.

To use my computer music files can I run an ethernet cable from a PC to my AVR or does the cable need to come direct from the router?

tjohnusa

Agent
Real Name
Terry John
If you are only looking for netflix ability your tv is the only thing you have to network. As for your music you would need a squeeze box or some such device to share those files, of course if you have a mp3 player just hook that up to an aux. input that is if you chose a non networkable avr

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks