What's new

help a newbie out (1 Viewer)

Paul Mcmannus

Auditioning
ok im sure this question has been asked before. and i have used the search funtion to try and answer it. soooo here it goes. i want to update my HT. currently i have an onkyo 515pro and mismatched front/center/surrond. i have done some research and read good thing about NHT, B&W, DefTech, and PSB. unfortunately B&W and NHT dont have any dealer within one hundred miles. so where should i put my monety?

i am willing to go up to 2000$ for speakers but would rather be in the 1000-15000$ range.

also. what receivers should i be looking at. i have onkyo and have liked it. but i hear that yammy might be the better way to go. please help me. i am getting bogged down in all the choices

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
The best advice I can give is, get out and audition some equipment, let your ears be the judge.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Sean' advise is the best suggestion. But if you are looking for specific suggestions, look into Paradigm Monitor series speakers. You should find a combination in your price range. I have Paradigm Monitors matched with a Yamaha receiver and really like the combination. Some other people don't. It all boils down to personal preferences and what sounds best to you.

Don't get too bogged down. There are many good brands of speakers and receivers. I would suggest you audition speakers with the receiver you have in mind if possible. That way once you can afford the receiver you want you will have the right combination. Have fun and happy shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks