What's new

Help a newbie out? (1 Viewer)

Elad_G

Auditioning
hey everybody,

ive searched this site high and low, yet still i am quite the confused young man. my roomate just picked up a 42 inch JVC plasma!!! and its now up to me to buy a new dvd player. i know i need progressive scan, as well as dd/dts decoding, but thats about all. the caveat, is a 200 dollar budget (yeah, $5000 tv and a $200 player.) so, of what is avaiable (i.e. not discontinued, as that doesnt help much), at this price range, what should i look into? we've got an Onkyo tx-sr501, if that helps at all.

thanks ahead for any replies.

Jason.Soko

Stunt Coordinator
Sony makes quality DVD players in your price range. I picked up a Sony DVP-NS715P player for about $200 and it does the job quite nicely.

Shane Morales

Second Unit
Does the TV have a DVI connector? If so you should look into a DVI DVD player - that's what lots of people here have been telling me to do (and I'm going to do it). There are two DVI DVD players for $200. One is V Inc's Bravo DI. Not sure what the other one is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks