What's new

Help a LD newbie! URGENT! (1 Viewer)

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Hi everybody, I know theres a thread for this already but I kind of in a hurry as I dont want to miss an opportunity like this.I need some advice.I saw a pioneer cld701 and v850 locally how are these players? what about rca or panasonic?Please respond soon as I want to pick it up before anyone else does.Thanks in advance!

Luis S

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Luis, I'd advise against buying the 701 unless you know it works well and it's very cheap, $60 or less. It's awfully old (well over 10 years) and it's not as good a player as the newer 7xx players, 702, 703, and 704. I don't know that much about industrial players but any player with a 'V' in the model number is one. Nearly all the industrial players limit you to analog outputs for sound. Some of the older ones only play disc's analog soundtracks. Some of the older industrial players only have RF video out, but most do have composite video. I doubt the players you've spotted are gems!
I know the year the 701 came out was a bad year for players. The 701 has a bad reputation. I think you should be patient and look for a newer player, proably...? Best wishes from Laserland!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks