What's new

Help a Humane Non-Profit (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I volunteer for a humane organization. They print a quarterly newsletter and its always a thrash for them to find a printing source. What suggestions would you have for the cheapest (but good quality) printing. The newsletter is an important public face for them, so we don't want it looking trashy. It would have to print on 11x17 paper and they also do an occasional color page.

Using somebody like Kinkos can be pricy. We'd appreciate ideas?

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Well, I'd start by checking small local printers. Perhaps, you can find an owner who happens to be interested in your organization's cause and will make you a deal. You might also look at companies that have their own in-house printing departments. If your group's a non-profit then maybe they'd do the printing for a tax write-off. One last thought. Check to see if you have any schools in your area that teach various trades to high school kids that aren't college material. Printing may be one of them. They might do it for free just for the experience.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Have you thought about going email (via Adobe Acrobat)? I am a member of a small hiking club in the catskills. I recently saw their budget for mailing/printing the "Catskill Canister" which is their small perhaps 10 pages (double sided) newsletter they do like 4 times a year. The costs for that was like $7000 which is not chump change for a small club. Always thought if they go email option, they could reduce the number of mailings done. Won't eliminate it but it would take a bite out.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks