What's new

help! 2-tuner PIP with digital cable box? (1 Viewer)

Naddy

Grip
Hi all,

Do I have any options to get 2-tuner PIP to work when using digital cable. I don't believe my box has a composite video out to connect to a receiver either. Also, my tv has only one coax connection. Is there any way to get PIP to work with this setup?

Also, if I have my cable from the wall going into the cable box and then from there to the tv, would a power surge destroy just the cable box or would it also make it to the tv?

Thanks,

Naddy

Rich Chiavaroli

Stunt Coordinator
You need to have 2 inputs to do PiP. You said that your TV only has one coax input. I don't think your TV would support PiP if it didn't have 2 inputs.

Beyond that, you'd need 2 digital cable boxes to PiP. You could split the cable before it went into the cable box and run one to the TV, the other to the box. THen run the output from the box to the TV. But again, you've said that you only have one input, making it impossible to PiP.

Naddy

Grip
My tv has 2-tuner PIP, and I assume the second tuner is internal, but I may be wrong. So, normally PIP would work fine, except with the digital cable box, it only outputs channel 3 to the tv, while the rest of the channels are scrambled and therefore the converter box is needed.

I'm just wandering besides having two digital cable boxes, have any others with a 2-tuner PIP tv come up with a solution when having a digital cable box?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks