What's new

Help 2.1 5.1 or sound bar? (1 Viewer)

FiveSix

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I have really been out of the home theater thing for too long, Lately I have been spending a lot of time in my bedroom watching Blu-ray DVD's on my Samsung 42" Hp-t4254. I decided I wanted to add some sound to the stock TV since I'm literally wasting these movies with bad sound. I'm not looking to entertain anyone or have the perfect setup, but I still want something that's going to complement the movies.

Which route would you all recommend since it's just for a bedroom? I'm looking at some basic options from the Best Buy website and feel they're not offering me many thing to choose from. I'll post a link to what I think fits what I'm looking for the most, but I was also wondering if maybe 2.1 or a sound bar might be more practical since I'm pretty much looking for something plug and play with minimal wiring for surround speakers.

Sony - BRAVIA 1000W 5.1-Channel Home Theater System
Model: HT-SS2300 | SKU: 8724366

I need the receiver/amp to have at least 2 hdmi imputs for my cable and Ps3 and I don't need a unit with a dvd/br player. I'd rather not wire surround speakers if I can get a half decent performance without it. I'm not looking for anything too loud, just nice and dynamic.

Thanks all.

FiveSix

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Thought I'd add a little to the post.....

I am not using 2 bookshelf, 1 center channel and 1 sub.

Bookshelf= 8 ohm 15-100W Infinity RS2
Center= Infinity 10-80W Model CC-1 type 332328
Sub = Infinity Entra Sub

They are somewhere about 10 years old. Are these half decent speakers for all the new technology? Should I just add a new receiver with hdmi? Maybe even some surround speakers?

Thanks for the input
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Those Infinitys are going to be better than anything you get with a HTiB. Get a good HDMI 1.3 receiver (ex. Onkyo 606) and a couple matching surrounds and you'll have a good -great system, certainly better than the Sony HTiB listed.

FiveSix

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
good I was hoping to hear that. Buying 1 receiver with good potential for expansion for cheaper than a crappy plug and play set is great news. Especially when I'm seeing crutchfield has it for 399 with free shipping which is cheaper than that sony unit I posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hickskeith007
Recent bookmarks