What's new

Hell's Kitchen - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

MikeM

Screenwriter
Just a friendly reminder that Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares has a new season on BBC America starting next Thursday.

Set your Tivos! :D

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am glad BBC America is around. At least I can see show like Kithcen Nightmares and MI-5.

As far as Hell's Kitchen goes they could pull a bunch of people off the street, put them in white smocks, have them pretend to cook something on a set and have Ramsey yell at them on camera. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference from what they put on the air. In the bottom right hand corner they could having a running count of the number of times they had to bleep out what he said.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm wracking my brain, but I just can't figure out why Chef Ramsey chose the women's team to accompany him to the InStyle photo shoot.

:D

I didn't really get the garbage-digging business. What exactly were they looking for? (I saw the part where they were going through the dumpsters, but missed whatever it was they retrieved.)

So long, Nuge.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
They were getting out the plastics and the glass, while at the same time sorting said plastics and glass into different bins (eg green glass, clear glass, etc.).

It wasn't as bad as it was made out to be, and it certainly wasn't as bad as (I think) last season's task of literally going through dumpsters for wasted food. However garbage is still garbage and it's dirty job. Pun intended.

cheers!

Josh

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think it is pretty obvious that the men were never going to win that last challenge. There is no way that Gordon and the men would have been sent to the photo shoot.

Rock was right about something. Gordon does not like the fancy, artsy food. He likes "real" food. The men's team should have won.

I don't like them using the demeaning stuff for the losers. Especially when the competition was as close as we were led to believe. That is simply unfair and Rock had a right to be mad. It was simply a stunt for TV. When is a head chef ever going to need to know how to dig through trash to separate plastic and glass?

MikeM

Screenwriter
Another rigged challenge. The men clearly won...I mean steak and eggs for a fine dining restaurant?? But what's rigged was the reward. You really think the women would go paintballing with Ramsay if they won? lol

Can they just give the restaurant to Roc already?? Jeez.

Also, that was a weird preview for next week:

They kind of made it look like Roc was going home. He was crying like a baby saying he let his family down, etc. I'm guessing more creative editing for sure!

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I can't believe that Josh is still in the competition, considering that he has failed every time. I thought he should have been the one going home.

Julia seems like the only one who can run a kitchen, although her lack of knowledge will prevent her from winning. But I can see her making it to the Final 2.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor

Ditto on Josh. It's crazy that he's even still around even if Ramsay based his decision on Brad not helping Josh. Josh is horrible.

Dunno about Julia. Something about her rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's that she's often commenting that she's "overwhelmed".

I don't see anyone really competing w/Rock. The downfall of Rock could be his temper. However, even if he does flip out again, I can't see any of the gals or Josh out doing Rock overall.

Does anyone notice that it appears that the cast seems to be getting worse every season? (Don't get me started on Aaron!) The first season, at least they tried to get a lot of potentially qualified people in there. Michael and Ralph were excellent final 2 material. I was secretly rooting for Elise (mom/homemaker) as the underdog this season.

Second season only really had possibly 3-4 solid candidates. Virginia and Heather were probably capable, but not as good IMHO as the final two in season 1. Kinda curious how Heather is doing at the Red Rock.

This season is a disaster with only Rock as the consistent/competent constestant this season. Until last night, I thought Jen was ok but she seemed to have flipped out a bit on Bonnie. Bonnie's harmless, but a bit fragile.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Rock is clearly the best of the group but I wouldnt want him as my boss. he is way to intense and always seems angry. If this is how he reacts to pressure, he is going to always be like that when running a restaurant.

The rest are just cannon fodder. I think he keeps Josh around to yell at. Bonnie is too un-sure and timid. Odo is starting to come across as a little unstable. And Waffle lady is a good cook, but she is not a chef.

Out of all of them, I would like Waffle lady to cook my dinner. She seems to gravitate to the type of food I prefer.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor

True in this show but if you've seen his other shows on BBC (F Word, Kitchen Nightmares), he's not as over the top. I'd say he gets more annoyed than flippin' and f'n mad like on HK.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Oh, I've seen him in those, but have you seen him in BBC's Boiling Point or Beyond Boiling Point? Let's just say that it's pretty clear that his antics in Hell's Kitchen are not an act.

As for the show, it's clear Roc will win, but hey, at least Julia got a full ride to cullinary school. If you ask me, that's probably a better prize anyway.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
So it looks like the final will be "Odo" vrs "The Bully"

Unless Odo does something really stupid, there is no way that Bonnie could beat her. And "The Bully" is a definite lock to the finals.

And what was up with Josh? Does he have a learning disability, or was he trying to get the boot?

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
It was cool that chef gave Julio a whole new outlook on life by giving her the fully paid for culinary school deal. She may end up more skilled than all the group when she finishes school.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I thought this was the episode that he would finally get the boot, but not the way it actually happened. We don't even get to see his photo go up in flames.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor

LOL! Unfortunately, I think it's the most likely outcome. Too often she looked confused and lost....at least it seemed to be edited that way. Although she does seem to cook well if she's in her comfort zone (steaks, eggs, fried foods).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks