What's new

Hell's Kitchen - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

The contestants sign a waiver stating that they won't assault Chef Ramsey in any way other than verbal, and that they will essentially "take what he gives them" with regards to punishment.

Also, after watching Chef Ramsey for years on TV (they've been showing his BBC shows forever here in Canada it seems), he's definately more aggressive on the Hell's Kitchen show, perhaps because on Kitchen Nightmares, at least it's real people (that is, not reality TV people) and their money and their place.

Either way, he's one of the rare personalities that knows how to entertain a TV public, and is also good at what he does.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
During the phone call to Aaron's hospital bed, the channel went pink(!) for a few seconds. So I have no idea whether it looked like he was faking, or what the problem was. I only heard Ramsey say that the doctors told him he couldn't return. Did they say what the actual problem was?

(I'm not jumping to conclusions -- the poor guy might really be sick. I mean, why get rid of what amounts to your show's Sanjaya if you don't have to?)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Joanna was one of those people who just couldn't admit that they were wrong. Even if they admitted they made a mistake, it was someone else's fault. Or it was no big deal. Or whatever. She's perfect.

She also just froze up under pressure. And her Tracy Morgan faces were creeping me out. (Jen's Odo faces don't bother me that much. Actually, I laugh everytime. But Joanna's Tracy faces make me queasy).

Good riddance.

I am convinced the cutaway to the medic in the ambulance was shot later and edited back in -- the actor was so bad it could have been the actual medic.

Speaking of which -- when Vinnie does his confessionals, he has a goatee. Then it's gone when they cut back to the kitchen. I wonder what the time frame is between the show and the confessionals? The answer so far is, "at least as long as it takes Vinnie to grow a goatee".

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark

All the shows have been in HD. I watch an OTA broadcast from Indianapolis. Must be someting local to your broadcast.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
sigh :frowning:

For some reason my local Fox station hasn't been doing HD the last few days. I only hope it is due to maintenance or something. I just wish they would let us know. THe worst part is that when they show SD format stuff, they use these obnoxious light grey bars on the side instead of black. I can't even watch it like that. I end up switching over to their SD feed.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
scott, it must be something with your affiliate because mine have all been HD as well.

My local NBC affiliate used to zoom the widescreen presentation of ER to fullscreen because too many viewers complained of the black bars :crazy:

It used to look horrible when the shows intro was going and you could not make out any names because they were all cut off screen.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
the latest ep really was more of the same. The bride and groom special next week looks like it might have some interesting moments...

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am sure nobody cares, but the show was finally shown in HD here in SLC. I guess the trained Monkey was paying attention last night.

As far as the show goes, I can't get over how bad this group of contestants is. I managed to hear who won this year already, it takes a little away from the suspense, but at least now I can enjoy watching the others fall apart.

The punishment was way over the top. I would not have been able to eat any of that stuff. It is more like they are being bullies instead of helping train these people. I wonder what would have happened if someone refused to eat one of the items? I was hoping someone would have barfed on that bald jerk assistant. That would have least been funny.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

Especially the blue team, who seem to lose every challenge really badly. I just can't see any of these guys running one of Gordon's restaurant, except into the ground. Last night's episode was painfully bad, with the pick for elimination based on who your competition is. Just glad that Ramsay overrode their decisions, especially Rock's.

I also thought the punishment was a bit extreme. It was bad enough that they had to prep up both kitchens.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Hey, I *like* pickled herring! I have no idea why they included it, unless it was just to keep the guys from starving. :)

Jeff Pug

Stunt Coordinator
I laughed good when the lady came up to complain and he gave her the business as well. I would like to be in the dining room and see how much you can acutally hear of him yelling

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
It seems like on every shot from inside the kitchen pointing out towards the customers all you can see is a bunch of faces staring back, so I'm guessing they can hear quite a bit.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Wow, is Melissa an annoying person or what?

It seems really unfair to put her with the guys. What did they do to deserve that punishment?

And what is with her having a soul patch? I can never get a good look at it but I swear she has a small Goatee under her bottom lip.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
Wow - I know some of it is editing, but Melissa has to be one of the most annoying people on the planet. Who died and made her super chef??? I'm amazed that nobody's taken a swing at her yet (although with her on the men's team now, I wouldn't put it beyond Rock). I do really feel bad for the men after their "victory" - some reward, being saddled with that b*tch!!

btw, it looks kind of like she had some kind of piercing in her chin and had to take it out for the show - maybe it's gotten infected or something. Either way, it's not flattering.

MikeM

Screenwriter
I thought the same thing at first!
I think it was just some acne and a really bad makeup job.

It almost looked as if some Producer told her off camera to "speak your mind" or "take charge" because she went from team player to instant bitch in one episode. Then, as the new show's villian, she doesn't even get voted off! Makes for good TV, but it seems pretty obvious that this thing is rigged. Still a fun silly show that I look forward to each week.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I thought Melissa was a good chef at the start of the season, but her problem is that she tries to do everything by herself, thus alienating her teammates.

I agree with Ramsey, how does one go from a good chef to a terrible one?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just when I thought this show couldn't get any wackier. . .chick soul patch! Someone get Hanson in here to do a Separated-At-Birth with Melissa and Ted Nugent. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks