Hellraiser III aspect?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anders Englund, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Anders Englund

Anders Englund Second Unit

I recently picked up Hellraiser III on DVD (canadian), which unfortunately turned out to be 1.33:1. My question is, what's the orginal aspect? And is the 1.33:1 an open matte or a pan & scan?
    --Anders

2. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

This one was definitely 1.85:1 in theaters. As far as the matting goes, the video transfers have always looked p/s to me.

3. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

Is the Canadian disc the unrated cut that was released on LD? If not does anyone know of a dvd of it being available at all?

4. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

To my understanding, the Canadian disc is the R-rated version and the quality isn't terribly good anyway. Paramount may still hold domestic rights to the film, though this puts a damper on an unrated DVD, even though Par originally released it uncut on VHS and LD. There were rumors flying around recently that Paramount's rights were expiring sometime soon, but who knows? I just hope for the love of God Dimension doesn't get them. They've done enough damage to the series already.