What's new

Hellraiser 1 & 2: DiviMax? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
I was wondering if Anchor Bay plans on releasing DiviMax versions of Hellraiser 1 & 2. I've been holding out on buying the original DVDs for the longest time. Since AB has done new editions of the Halloween movies you would think HR 1 & 2 would be next. Anybody have any info? Thanks.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Since it's Anchor Bay, I'm betting it's almost certain at some point. ;)

The current releases are actually pretty nice. But I'm actually surprised that they haven't double-dipped the first two Hellraisers as much as they have Evil Dead or Halloween. Give em time. :D

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
If you can find the original 2-pack, I'd probably buy it. My Best Buy still has a couple copies at ~17 bucks. The transfers are pretty good if I recall.

Jesse Blough

Second Unit

Interesting, I thought the 2-pack was long out of print. However, Best Buy and Amazon both carry it... I might just bite the bullet and go for it. The Divimax editions probably wouldn't be that much improved anyway.

robGray

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob Gray
I will only replace my copy of Hellraiser if the uncut version is released.

robGray

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob Gray
As far as i know the region 1 DVD is the R rated version. I have the limited edition tin version that came with the unrated version of Hellraiser 2.

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
The original was trimmed a little bit to get an R rating as well. As far as I know, those several extra seconds of footage that were cut no longer exist, but a bigger fan may know the exact details of what they were, etc. I think the "Jesus wept" sequence was trimmed for the R.

Jesse Blough

Second Unit

Now that you mention it, I always felt the "Jesus wept" sequence was trimmed. It seems to cut away rather quickly.

robGray

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob Gray
From IMDB.com: At the time of the movie's release the MPAA had an agenda on "intensity of tone". As a result of this director Clive Barker had to make several cuts to his film: consecutive hammer blows, fingers entering flesh, S&M spanking between Julia and Frank, additional "thrusts" during the sex scene, all with the intention of watering down the overall impact of the piece.

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
There is only the R rated version available in Region 1 (I have no idea about any other region). This disc looks pretty good.

I'm still waiting to see what direction Anchor Bay will take with hi-def. I can't seem to get a peep out of them.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks