What's new

Helloween!!! Myers vs Pinhead... (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I was reading off on some other sites how they were thinking of making a movie called Helloween... It would a combining of the Hellraiser and Halloween franchises... Many hate the idea and I can see why...

Is it a big chance for disastor... Probably... But, it couldnt be any worse than the last Halloween movie, could it??? Anyways, thats besides the point...

What was interesting to me is that it was said there is a script already done (which was suppose to be decent and attempt to be scary) and that both John Carpenter and Clive Barker would have worked on the film...

Get this??? Akkad (the owner of the Halloween) passed on the opportunity to make this movie and have both the original creators... His reasoning for this... He says Pinhead is a fictional character, but Myers is a real character... Real??? Maybe you could have used that excuse in the first movie...

Anyways, I just find it amusing that Akkad passes on this, but thinks crap like Halloween: Ressurection is respectable for the franchise... I thought it was one of the worst movies ever made...

I just dont get it??? We dont want John Carpenter who created this universe, but we want Busta Rhymes??? Makes no sense to me...

Do you think this was a mistake?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I was all for this film. With Barker and Carpenter involved, I'm sure it would be something to see. Hellraiser is also my favorite of all the horror franchises, so having these two series come together would have been very intriguing for me. Still, at least I have the next two Hellraiser sequels to look forward to. I really wanted this to come to fruition though.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
No, I'm glad this got nipped in the bud.

"Freddy Vs. Jason" worked at the box-office due to the already comic undertones developed throughout their repsiective series. Myers and Pinhead haven't reached that point yet and it would seem forced to combine the two series.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I'd rather see Michael Myers go up against Jason than Pinhead. The only way I could see Pinhead going up against anyone is if he comes to take them back to Hell because they escaped like Frank did in the first 2. That's the only storyline that would at least make some sense to me.

todd stone

Screenwriter
problem here is, don't think it could be called "Helloween" without forking out major cash. there is an 80's metal band that is still around today that goes by the title "Helloween"

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I read they decided not to do this as well and I am surprised. They have been milking the Halloween Franchise for years and now he decides he doesnt want to do this?
I think it would be a great idea if done right.

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
Michale myers is as cartoon as it gets! I don't get why horror fans claim Myers is more real than Freddy or jason. He's the same thing as Jason except more diabolical and a little bit smarter. Also Myers is very serious as well but still if i owned the rights to him I'd have him fighting Jason and Pinhead by next week. I say do it Myers is just as unrealistic as Pinhead. Go nuts!

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Mikel,

New Line would have to borrow the rights to Myers which would cost a ton of money they probably arent willing to pay... Or the studios would have to come up with some form of agreement and New Line might just not want to shell out the bucks... Another reason is they dont want to elevate the box office of the competition... Myers is from a different studio, therefore he is financial competition...

Kristoffer

Second Unit
The thing I would most like to see is Jason vs Freddie vs Ash ( good or bad! doesn't matter...):D
I would pay good money to see Ash in action again!

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I don't think I'd have liked this idea. Pinhead is my favorite horror movie franchise "monster" (if you want to term him as such), at least he was in the first few films. I haven't seen the last couple of Hellraiser direct-to-video sequels since I've heard they are horrid, but maybe I should give them a rent.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Pinhead will probably end up fighting the Children of the Corn and Mimic mutant bugs, as these franchises are all owned by Dimension. Of course the result would be ridiculous...

A Halloween 9 makes more sense as a standalone film right now, since the last one turned a tidy profit for the studio.

But if it bombs, then this might seem like a more attractive idea.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Pinhead vs. the Children of the Corn... What a horrible idea, but it would make for a good laugh...

The Children of the Corn series is truly one of the worst series ever created... How it has so many sequels I will never know... None except the first 1 or 2 even went to the theater... And even those bombed theatrically...

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I am all over seeing Ash in another film... but Evil Dead 4 would be higher on my list, and that's unlikely. I loved Freddy Vs. Jason though, and would watch other matchups.

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
Actully if they used the idea that Sauron used some spell to send Gollum millons of years in the future at the last second when the lava hit him and Jason Vorhees found the ring in 2004....that could be a hell of a movie.

Of course half the world would revolt and Tolkien would rise from his grave and set a plauge of locuses on New line but hey they DO own the film rights to Gollum. can you imagine Cate Blanccett trying to expalin Lord of the rings, the friday the 13th and the nightmare movies in a one 15 minute prolouge???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks