What's new

Hello, my name is... (1 Viewer)

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I always thought professional football had enough latent homo-eroticism without guys with names like Dick Butkis.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
My brother-in-law used to have a boss named Richard Hare. And yes, he went by his nickname, "Dick". (They stopped traffic in a busy airport once when Mr. Hare was paged to the courtesy phone. :))

Regards,

Joe

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
really it was more like, "whats-a-happenin' hot stuff" :D

brilliant movie ... just brilliant.

"she-a-gettin' married to american bo-hunk"

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
I worked at an answering service for 6 1/2 years, and oh, boy, did we get some lulus!

One of the worst I read out to one of our clients, just after I got out of training was

J. Blankenshit

Needless to say, I lost it. Fortunately, the client found it a hilarious faux pas, and said he'd have to tell the caller, who was a friend. It turns out the operator who took the call misspelled it, and the name was actually Blankenship.

Another good one I had to read out [fortunately when I was more seasoned, and better able to control myself] was Manuel Concepcion. That led to a LOT of giggles in operations.

Whenever we got calls from nice young Hispanic men whose name was pronounced, "Hey soose," it inspired some religious fervor, considering the spelling, Jesus. There was more than one outcry of, "Hey everybody, I just got a call from Jesus!" pronounced properly as the Christian Messiah "G Zuss".

Others I heard, that I fortunately did not have to read out were:

Dick Copy
Dick Thrasher
Harry Butt

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
That just brought to mind one of the funnier moments from the Burt Reynolds classic Hooper:

"What's your name, son?"

"Delbert."

"What's your last name?"

"Shitski!"

"Say that again, son, I'm a mite deef!"

"Shitski!"

"Spell that for me, would ya?"

"S-H-I-T-S-K-I."

"We'll just call him 'Ski'."

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
One of the funniest surnames I have heard is "Hogshooter".

There used to be a Dick Swett in our office.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Alec Baldwin played a guy named 'Shweaty' on Saturday Night Live and in the sketch he was selling his own homemade meatballs, his sales pitch was...

"Won't you try my Shweaty balls? They'll melt in your mouth. My Shweaty balls are good."

:laugh:

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
This actually happened back in Mississippi and made the news! There was a guy living in Jackson with the last name of Shihead (I forget what his first name was), but the phone directory had misspelled his name as "Shithead", and pretty soon he was getting crank calls from people saying to him, "Hey Shithead!" :laugh:

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Not on the topic of outrageous names, but our last name is pronounced /bloom/. In high school (years ago), my bro and his English Teacher came up with the name Roses May, possibly for his daughter one day down the road.

Roses May Bluhm. :)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Always said his name sounded like something that would send a sailor to sick bay after liberty in Thailand.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So

hehe, lets not christopher walken's "Colonel Angus"... not as obvious as Schwetty balls though

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
One of my personal favorites has always been:

Robert Laublaus

Now if he goes by "Bob" his name is:

Bob Laublaus

(blah,blah,blah)

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the link in the first post of this thread, I've received spam e-mails from most of those people! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks