What's new

Hello From Edmonds, WA! (1 Viewer)

DeadAlive55

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron
Hello Everyone, I'm very new to the home theater scene and thus have come here to home theater forum to get caught up to speed... My wife and I are a couple weeks from closing on our first house, and in this house is a nice 22' X 17' home theater room that has been soundproofed and pre-wired for 7.1/2 surround sound. It's got the wall plates on every wall that will allow speakers to be bi-wired. I've been researching for a bit about what components I would want and or need, and so far it's been tough settling since I've got a set price point of about $5-$6K including a new TV. I've started an excel with everything I'm considering highlighted in green, not sure if this is the place to include such things, but it's worth shot. [ATTACHMENT=450]Home Theater Components - Forum.xlsx (47k. xlsx file)[/ATTACHMENT] I'm really looking forward to talking to everyone here, your comments and suggestions are very welcome! Thank you, -Aaron

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron:
Welcome to the HTF!
This is pretty much our "welcome aboard" section of the forum.
I would suggest you start a thread in the Beginners section and give it a title something along the lines of "Help with building an HT from the ground up?" (or maybe "New House. New HT. Help!") and see what happens!
One thing we do really well here at the HTF is help other people spend their money!
The fact that you are starting with a budget...a goal...and a list of gear is a big step in the right direction. We'll start helping you spend right away!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And I just looked at your spreadsheet. I wish I could be so organized with projects~! I am a big fan of the Harmony One. Partially because my wife is a big fan of the remote. Even she "gets it."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks