What's new

Hello from Cucamonga! (1 Viewer)

CucamongaDan

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
Hi everyone! I just landed here. I spend a lot of time watching, studying, and discussing movies so I was glad to find this place. I will look forward to absorbing some of the knowledge stored here. Hope I might occasionally pay that back with something everyone hasn't already heard before.

How I landed here: I was just doing one of my typical obsessive searches I do periodically for an old movie I saw long ago that hasn't come out on video. In this case, it was JAGUAR (1955), with Sabu and Barton MacLane. (Love them old jungle pictures!) I typed something that included the words "Republic catalog released on DVD" and found a year old entry, pertaining to some Republic westerns, in the "fiftieswesterns" blog that included the words

"Richard W. commented the other day that we should reach out to a Mr. Lime on the

Home Theater Forum about these titles, pointing out that we’d be standing at the ready,

cash in hand, for these films.".

So here I am.

And I see there's a lot more to talk about than releases of particular titles. The equipment is also very interesting to me. Would you believe that other than a couple of computer monitors I still don't have a HD TV? Wife and I were going to get ourselves our first HD flat panel for the living room this Christmas but a couple of unexpected expenses have put that off for a month or two. I hope our 200 pound Sony 37" CRT hangs in there that long. Our living room is pretty cozy and a 55-60 inch would be about as big as I'd want there and is actually bigger than wife thinks she wants.

I also have a projector I mainly use outside in the warmer months. It is an Epson Powerlite I have had since 2005 and has served me well but it is only SD. I made some white plaster and put it into the shape of a Cinemascope ratio screen, 12 feet wide, over a stretch of the block wall in the back yard, a few years ago. I know when I upgrade to a higher resolution projector eventually I can look forward to a nice step up in awesomeness.

Anyway, glad to be here and i will look forward to exploring the forums and talking to some of you more!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks