What's new

Hello everyone. Please advise. (1 Viewer)

AshishNJ

Agent
Real Name
ASHISH BHARDWAJ
Folks

I have been lurking around on this forum for many months and finally decided to register. What a great site and great people.
After reading through some wealthy information here , I decided to go with Denon 3808 and Klipsh rf5 fronts (second hand 2 r old got for 500 for pair !!) . Still undecied on rear and sub. Read a lots of threads but still confused.

Since I have an old Yamaha rx-v495 and waiting on denon, I decided to hook up the Klipsch. They sounded better than the old yamaha and was actually able to make out that I could now hear some music which I never heard on older speakers.

Questions:

Current yamaha is rated 70w/ch and denon is 130/ch . Would i feel some difference in sound quality without having to raise the volume once I hook up the Denon ?

Sub: I am still using the old YST SW160 and I was wondering if I could get an opinion on that as well. I want something more deep but not boomy (yamaha does that) I do movie/music 50:50 .
I am looking for a 12" and something with 20z or low freq (i simply love the feel of lows in movies) Budget is $700~800. Don't want anything too large. Would consider a 10" as well.

Rear floor standing - Looking for something which comes with atleast 4 ft height but slim. budget $400-500 for the pair.

Room size is 1600cu ft with 3 doors on 3 walls :frowning:

AshishNJ

Agent
Real Name
ASHISH BHARDWAJ
Thanks for responding so quickly.

Do you mean to say that I may not have the right speakers for front ?
I already have additional pair for middle set (not sure how to say..the one between rear and front . They are yamaha book shelf. I am looking for a 7.1 setup so the rear most (behind the couch) .

Thanks for the sub recommendation. I am now confused .. Is a cylindrical sub going to perform the same ? They both look great and suit the buill. Would the square be somewhat better ?

brandonchenry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon Henry
The cylinders are used as a form factor to save space. If you have the room, and like showing off your speakers, I would go with the box. As far as quality is concerned, there is not much difference though.

In a 7.1 you have: Left front, center, right front, right surround, right surround-back, left surround-back, and left surround. (clockwise)

Your front three push most of the sound, so having surrounds that are less quality than the front three is fine.

SVS has great gear at even greater prices (you get more than you pay for!), so I would reccomend them also.

Make sure you take the time to learn and run Audyssey MultiQ-XT on your Denon when you get it. It will make acheiving world-class calibration a snap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikezerby
Recent bookmarks