1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by swe11er, Feb 15, 2019.

1. swe11er

swe11er Auditioning

Sam
    Hi everyone...my name is Sam. I am a long-time home theater / audio enthusiast and have DIY'd some sort of media space in the 4 places I've lived in over the last 20-odd years.

I recently relocated for work and am happy to report that my family and I just bought our "forever" house in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I've just started my ultimate DIY adventure -- turning approx. 2000 sf of unfinished (but beautifully climate trolled) basement into some combination of dedicated HT, game room, and storage space.

I am decidedly NOT a construction/DIY guy, so looking to learn how others have tackled these kind of projects. Love the forum, look forward to posing more!

2. Mysto

Mysto Screenwriter

marv long
    Welcome Aboard! I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions from members here. A good way to start is to formulate some questions to give them something to work on. What would this room look like? What kind of system would you most like? Blue sky for now just to get them going.:welcome:

3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

We LOVE to help other people spend their money, Sam! :laugh:

You've come to the right place! :D

A good place for you to get started on ideas is our HT Projects page. :thumbsup:

4. Angal Faria

Angal Faria Agent

Angal Faria
    Welcome to this forum Sam.