What's new

Hello all (1 Viewer)

swe11er

Auditioning
Real Name
Sam
Hi everyone...my name is Sam. I am a long-time home theater / audio enthusiast and have DIY'd some sort of media space in the 4 places I've lived in over the last 20-odd years.

I recently relocated for work and am happy to report that my family and I just bought our "forever" house in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I've just started my ultimate DIY adventure -- turning approx. 2000 sf of unfinished (but beautifully climate trolled) basement into some combination of dedicated HT, game room, and storage space.

I am decidedly NOT a construction/DIY guy, so looking to learn how others have tackled these kind of projects. Love the forum, look forward to posing more!

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Hi everyone...my name is Sam. I am a long-time home theater / audio enthusiast and have DIY'd some sort of media space in the 4 places I've lived in over the last 20-odd years.

I recently relocated for work and am happy to report that my family and I just bought our "forever" house in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I've just started my ultimate DIY adventure -- turning approx. 2000 sf of unfinished (but beautifully climate trolled) basement into some combination of dedicated HT, game room, and storage space.

I am decidedly NOT a construction/DIY guy, so looking to learn how others have tackled these kind of projects. Love the forum, look forward to posing more!
Welcome Aboard! I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions from members here. A good way to start is to formulate some questions to give them something to work on. What would this room look like? What kind of system would you most like? Blue sky for now just to get them going.:welcome:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks