What's new

Hellboy on July 27th (1 Viewer)

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Columbia Tristar has now updated the Hellboy DVD website from the normal edition to the DC edition. Here are the official final specs:

DVD Features

Disc One:

* All-new Commentary by Guillermo del Toro, Exclusively for the Director's Cut
* Video Introduction by Guillermo del Toro
* Creator Audio Commentary: Guillermo del Toro (Director) and Mike Mignola (Co-ExecutiveProducer)
* Cast Audio Commentary: Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Jeffrey Tambor and Rupert Evans
* Branching DVD Comics drawn by Mike Mignola
* "Right Hand of Doom" Set Visits
* Storyboard Track
* "From the Den" Hellboy recommends... Gerald McBoing Boing animated shorts
* DVD-ROM: Printable Original Screenplay Script, Supervisor's Book, Director's Notebook

Disc Two:

* Video Introduction by Selma Blair
* "Hellboy: The Seeds of Creation" A 2 1/2 hour documentary on the making of the film. Includes The Origin of the Comic, Prosthetic Effects, Visual Effects, Set Design, Stunts and more!
* Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Guillermo del Toro
* Character Bios written by the Director
* Motion Board-a-matics
* Animatics
* Multi-Angle Storyboard Comparisons
* Maquette 3-D Character Sculptures Video Gallery
* Poster Explorations
* Trailers and TV Spots
* Weblink to Hellboy Merchandise
* Filmographies

Disc Three:

* Video Introduction by Ron Perlman
* Video Commentary with Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Jeffrey Tambor and Rupert Evans
* Production Workshops with Commentary by Guillermo del Toro
* Q&A Archive: Comic Com 2002
* Scott McCloud: A Quick Guide to Understanding Comics
* Interactive Director's Notebook
* Photo Gallery
* Mike Mignola Artwork Photo Montage
* Widescreen Presentation
* Languages: English, French 5.1 (Dolby Digital)
* Subtitles: English, French
* Mastered in High Definition
* Over 13 minutes of recut and extended footage
* Includes Exclusive Collectible: Excerpt From the Diary of Grigori Rasputin, created by Mike Mignola

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
So I guess the isolated score and Beltrani commentary got dropped... that's unfortunate. :frowning:

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well perhaps he was waiting for the EE to make a purchase but still wanted the cartoons.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
It is surprising to see no reviews of the Director's Cut yet (I'm still waiting for my copy to show up). I have been hearing stories of some Best Buy stores breaking street date and are already selling the Director's Cut this week.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, particularly as a certain BEST (well, not in my opinion) store has it available to BUY already in West Los Angeles, breaking street date. I looked at the back of the box but didn't order it (I have it pre-ordered through another vendor) and it doesn't look like the Del Toro/Mignola and cast commentaries are on the first disc. Three slimline cases-- not a fold-out digipak as far as I can tell. Looks pretty snazzy. Can't wait until Tuesday.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
$41.86 @ DeepDiscountDVD.com. $42.99 @ Best Buy for the Gift Set. Best Buy had the Director's Cut a week early @24.99. Thank God for Reward Zone points. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.