What's new

Hellboy (2019) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Are they actually just naming this the same thing as the original film without some kind of subtitle or modifier to distinguish it from the previous iteration? That seems potentially confusing. When Sony rebooted Spider-Man, first they went with "The Amazing" for Garfield, and then for Holland they went with a subtitle, to distinguish it from just "Spider-Man" (i.e. the McGuire films.) Seems odd that Lionsgate wouldn't do the same thing here.
The third film simply titled Halloween is about to hit theaters (even though it's acknowledged as a sequel to the original Halloween).

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The first image from the actual film has been released by Neil Marshall:

hellboy-reboot-david-harbour-1.jpg

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Hmmm, not sure what to make of that. There's some good stuff in there, but Hellboy's facial makeup isn't working for me. It LOOKS like a mask, and it sounds like Harbour is talking THROUGH a mask when he speaks. Never had that problem with Perlman. I guess I'm missing him here too.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
A few new images have been released ahead of the second trailer, which is supposed to drop next week:

hellboy-harbour-image.jpg

hellboy-excl-2019.jpg

hellboy-apr-excl.jpg

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll probably skip it. The Perlman versions worked because there was quite a bit of humour throughout. This one sounds like it is going the Grimdark route like "LOGAN".

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll probably skip it. The Perlman versions worked because there was quite a bit of humour throughout. This one sounds like it is going the Grimdark route like "LOGAN".
As an AMC A-List member, it's not going to cost me the price of a ticket so I'll probably see it.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As an AMC A-List member, it's not going to cost me the price of a ticket so I'll probably see it.

How does that work? I wonder if it is similar to the points that a person can collect as a SCENE member up here? Being a scene member, you collect points for every ticket purchased or for purchases at the concession stand. If a person has ScotiaBank SCENE credit card, they can accumulate points toward free movie admissions on every purchase made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks