What's new

Hell On Wheels Season 4 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Puzzling how some of the drivel on TV now gets pages and pages of discussion and this gem of a show didn't even have a thread 3 episodes into it's 4th season.

This might be the best season yet so far. Almost kind of a re-boot. Love Bohannan starting at the bottom again. I have to think we'll see Elam again at some point.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I really just want to see The Swedes' dead body. Almost as much as I wanted Joffrey dead.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Love this show....but I think the whole storyline of Bohanon living in the Mormon enclave wasn't the best. The show is best when it's focused on the railroad and the Hell on Wheels settlement.

As for Elam, I'm sure we're gonna see a really dramatic reappearance in the next couple of weeks.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
atfree said:
Love this show....but I think the whole storyline of Bohanon living in the Mormon enclave wasn't the best. The show is best when it's focused on the railroad and the Hell on Wheels settlement.
But that lasted all of what? Barely an episode?

Also, Jake Weber as the new villain is fantastic.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Scott Hanson said:
But that lasted all of what? Barely an episode?Also, Jake Weber as the new villain is fantastic.
The Mormon enclave arc started at the end of episode 9 of season 3 and lasted til episode 2 of this season...about 3 1/2 episodes. It doesn't sound long, but that's over 1/3 of a ten episode season.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
atfree said:
The Mormon enclave arc started at the end of episode 9 of season 3 and lasted til episode 2 of this season...about 3 1/2 episodes. It doesn't sound long, but that's over 1/3 of a ten episode season.
Perhaps the arc started, but I didn't think Bohannan actually went to the Mormon complex (permanently) until the final episode.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No discussion of this past episode? One of the most powerful hours of television I've seen. Kasha Kropinski deserves whatever acting accolades there are (I don't follow those awards things). Incredible work, though one that can't be described as "feel good." I am still thinking about it days later.

One more episode and then one more season.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Greg_S_H said:
No discussion of this past episode? One of the most powerful hours of television I've seen. Kasha Kropinski deserves whatever acting accolades there are (I don't follow those awards things). Incredible work, though one that can't be described as "feel good." I am still thinking about it days later.

One more episode and then one more season.
The last moments in the jail between Ruth and Bohannon were wonderful (and bittersweet), and wonderfully filmed (especially the lighting).

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
OK, I like this show a ton, but one thing about it really bugs me. They kill off Bohannons' wife and kid before the show starts. They kill off the Preacher. They kill off Mr. Toole. They kill off Sean. They kill off Lily Bell. They kill off Elam. They kill off Ezra. They kill off Snow. They kill off Ruth.

But they won't kill THE FUCKING SWEDE!!!!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And most of those deaths were because of the Swede, directly or indirectly. He's bound to die before the final season wraps. Either that, or he'll be the last one standing, cackling atop the ashes and dead bodies.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I kinda of feel bad for the Governor...He did almost everything possible to let Ruth go. Yet, she refused and will probably get the abuse for it.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
While the hanging scene was very well-done (probably the best portrayal of a scene like that I've ever seen), I actually didn't care for the episode. Mostly because I never cared for the Ruth character, and I never bought the Cullen/Ruth relationship. It seems they barely had any interaction. The episode also essentially deemed the entire previous episode worthless when they tried to keep Snow alive, which was something I pointed out at the time.

In any event, looks like we'll have a Bohannon-Swede showdown in the finale...

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Certainly, one of the best episodes they have done along with the Elam story line. Those are both excellent examples of great scripts that know how to make a real impact writing a great character out of a story. I also loved the last moments of Ruth and Bohannon. This show is just very well written and acted.

Bohannen is a man in torment due to the events that have happened to him in his life. He doesn't view himself as a good man for things he has done, yet down deep seeks peace and forgiveness wanting to be a man more of faith. You can see the struggle in his eyes on specific scenes and the conflict within. It's just what I like about the way he portrays his character and the sense of who the man truly wants to be.

Still really loving this show and can't wait for the finale and next season.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
So, I'm guessing this show was cancelled? I've been watching it on Netflix and season 4 ended in a cliffhanger, then I noticed that S4 was in 2014. Nothing since. This is a great show, hate for it to be done.

Last edited:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No, it had a season 5 that started last year. The second half starts in June. Since it's all considered S5, that's why it isn't on a service like Netflix until it's done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks