What's new

Hell On Wheels Season 2 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
How in the world does this not already have a thread?

What a great show...I'm thinking AMC might be the king of dramatic television right now.

Bohannan and Elam are two of my favorite TV characters, and Anson Mount and Common play them perfectly.

I enjoyed the first season a lot, but I think I'm enjoying this one a lot more.

NolanJ

Second Unit
I enjoy the show as well. AMC and FX put out some really fabulous shows.
If I could only watch dramas on three networks, they would be AMC, FX and HBO.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I haven't viewed last weekend's episode yet, but this is easily one of my favorite shows. I'm not certain why it doesn't get more conversation - but then again I've never posted about the show before either. :)
I usually have the Front Projector lit on weekends for movies and sports and I always try to watch this show via that display as it really accentuates the production design and cinematography. From a visual standpoint one of my favorite shows for the ways the natural settings are presented (not just the settings themselves but the framing and compositions.)
I like the entire cast and the ensuing battle of wills between the characters. The 'one minute you are up and the next you are down' nature of the show's narrative keeps things interesting. I also like the matter of fact way the characters are presented where pragmatism drives the decision making; especially with Bohannan this season - since the revenge narrative has been dropped or suspended.
Generally speaking the show does a good job of setting up the epsiode with the pre-credits sequence. In particular this season - Bohannan's usage of the long rifle.
- Walter.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
I quite agree this is a VERY good show which is different from the pack. The setting, dialog, sets, etc. are all very well done for this period piece. It's a show I look forward to every week, I just wish there were more episodes per season. At least it's not another CSI, law, or reality show. Also, if you like this show I would highly recommend "Copper" on BBC America.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Wow. Not THAT'S how to do a season finale. Was that actually the series finale? Seemed like it could be...but I suppose there could also be more story to tell.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I agree. Thought it was great. (a space so this doesn't appear on the front page) I am surprised they killed off one of the lead characters. As for the Swede, I really think he survived the fall and will be back. If for some reason it is not renewed, it made a good finale.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Alot of people are upset they killed a main character, those same people gripe tv plays it too safe, or complain that there is never the fear for a characters life and there is little Drama, so its refreshing when a series does this and lets you know no one is safe.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm not one of those gripers. I like "safe." Put another way, you can tell more good stories if a character lives than one where a character dies. I don't have a complaint about this episode, but I think the show will miss her presence. Also, it's a shame it happened to Cullen again.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H /t/323695/hell-on-wheels-season-2#post_3987090
I'm not one of those gripers. I like "safe." Put another way, you can tell more good stories if a character lives than one where a character dies. I don't have a complaint about this episode, but I think the show will miss her presence. Also, it's a shame it happened to Cullen again.

Which just means Cullen will be even angrier in the next season (if there is one).

Is there any word on a third season?

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I was a huge fan of the first season...but not so much for the second.
I was just disappointed in the direction the writers took many of the characters. The preacher goes insane. Ok...kinda strange. I just didnt think it was a good direction for the character. It was kind of boring to see a well established character just written out of the show like that. The Swede goes insane. Uh...didnt we just do this with the preacher? Kind of going over the same territory here. This is especially frustrating in that they created an AMAZING character with the Swede. I wanted to see more of him. I wanted him to keep being pitted against Cullen in battles of wits and wills...not sanity versus insanity.
Plus the story of Sean and Ruth. It just seemed tacked on and wound up going nowhere.
I think this reminds me a lot of "Lost" where they create a show with so many good characters and then forget that there will be a second season (or a third plus, in the case of "Lost"), and the characters just seem to fall apart.
I really, really want to love this show, but the writers really lost me this season.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I can definitely see where you're coming from Scott, but overall I still enjoyed season 2 more than season 1. Definitely agree on the preacher though...wasn't crazy about the direction they took with him and enjoyed his character much more in the first season. Also wasn't crazy about the fact that we had not 1...not 2...but 3 love triangles in season 2. Loved everything else though.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Well, looks like there is going to be a Season 3. I had an audition for it a week ago or so. Was very excited to get the chance to be in the show, but my streak of audition failures continues. Crazy how many good shows/parts I have gone out for and not landed one in a long, LONG time.

Sorry...just needed to whine/vent my frustration at this crazy industry.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Season 3 premieres Saturday, August 3rd in AMC's attempt to get a Saturday night of original programming lined up.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Season 1 replays from 9 am to 7 pm EST on 8/3/13.

Season 2 follows from 11 am to 9 pm EST on 8/10/13, followed by the Season 3 two hour premiere.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The main appeal to me was gazing upon Dominique McElligott every week, but hopefully the story will be enough. Mount's pretty good, as is most of the cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks