What's new

Hell is being forced to have your pad repainted. (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
It's appropriate to read McKenna after your cat takes Ketamine. I wonder what kind of bizarre self-replicating alien life forms kitties see while under the influence. ;)
As far as the law in LA, it just seems like somebody is trying to keep their painting cousins and uncles in business, and rationalize more bureacrats to ensure the job gets done right.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Epilogue:

It is now 12:24 p.m. PDT as I type, and Attila is curled into a little ball of beige/cream/dark brown fur and sleeping on the floor just two and a half feet to my left, slightly in front of the Sony/Denon/Energy/Polk equipment. The house is now a home again. (He did some serious exploring his first hour or so back home.)

But there's still more cleaning to do. The DVDs are back in their appropriate location.

The city official, um, enjoyed a well-worded, somewhat critical assessment by yours truly of how the entire situation was handled--starting with a simple query: "The man who came by here nearly three weeks ago to assess how much work on my place would be required promised that I would be given a week's notice before they painted. Why, may I ask, was I given only twelve hours' notice, and why was the job carried out entirely differently from the way it was supposed to be?" I then went on at colorful length, using the occasional sexual metaphor, about what it feels like for the state to de facto displace one from his home and disrupt his work schedule.

This city bureaucrat was at a loss for words, managing only sentence fragments. I think it's possible he may have sensed some displeasure on my part. He left quickly after poking his head around the place.

"Would you like to rummage through all my drawers and cabinets, too?" I asked as he made his way out the door. The apartment manager had a look of panic on his face.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hell Jack, just reading that makes the hairs on the back of my neck crawl, brrrr, ah well at least everythings ok now, and Attila the feline is feeling fine.:emoji_thumbsup:

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Painting sucks. I wish everything was made out of molded plastic, already colored. Or maybe cover all the walls in Lexan...ta da, no paint flakes. Ever.

I'd love to coat my car in some kind of plasticized overcoat, like lexan. Unfortunately, a friend told me it would cost several thousands of dollars to do that. Bah.

I think Attila was reading your mind, and reacted as any normal telepathic mammal would.

Users who are viewing this thread