Held TNG in my hands, I want my R2 box!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Paramount,

It's nice and all, but I'm sorry, it feels very cheap. The cardboard is thicker, but the Fox slipcases are much more durable than this IMO. Please, please sell the plastic boxes from R2 through StarTrek.com. That way everyone is happy. You don't have to include the foldout, just the box.

Thank you very much for listening.

2. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'm going to have to agree here. I fully expect this outer case to fall apart faster than my X-files season 1 did. Please allow me to purchase the R2 outer case seperately.

3. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I'm not real impressed with the clamshell case. I may end up putting it in a septuple DVD case from Inetdvd.com & use someones insert art.

4. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I will agree with Jeff # 1 and do what Jeff # 2 said. Hopefully we will be able to obtain the R2 covers

5. DougWright

DougWright Stunt Coordinator

I wonder if Paramount will only consider this depending on how well these things sell. Any one know of a good site to check sales records of these.

Any chance that if Paramount chooses not to, that some one else could make and distribute something? I guess rights issues would prevent a third party case that resembles R2's. I hope we see something, I sure can't be bothered ordering septuple cases for these, being in Canada it would be cost prohibitive. I wish I had never seen R2's packaging...

"Damn you Internet!"

6. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

It only costs $3.99 + S&H for a septuple DVD case from Inetdvd.com.

7. DougWright

DougWright Stunt Coordinator

And I would pay at least $5 US for shipping.

I have them in jewel cases for now.

8. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

I'd like to add my vote for the R2 outer-case. While shiny cardboard looks better than dull cardboard, they both are second best when it comes to plastic.

Also, Mine won't stay closed very securely. The lid keeps wanting to open up.

Paramount, please make the plastic outer-case available to us in R1.