What's new

"Heist" - new version possible? (1 Viewer)

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I'm thinking of picking up the Gene Hackman movie "Heist" but I'm curious if it will be re-released. It was released back in 2001 and has just a trailer. Is there chance for a double-dip, or is it a safe purchase?

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
You just have to go for it with things like this, there's been no speculation of a Spec Ed.

I've just got TheaterTek on my HTPC that can make a non-anamorphic DVD look half decent on my 10 foot screen so I bought Titanic, which I've been putting off for a Spec Ed, no doubt they'll do one now!

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit
A special edition isn't at all likely. Mamet's not the kind of guy that goes for supplements. In fact the only supplements on any Mamet films are the cast commentary on State and Main and the Kilmer commentary on Spartan . You certainly won't get the cunning linguist himself to talk about them.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Mamet provides a commentary on The Winslow Boy, but I don't think it's likely this title will be revisited.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
If you like the movie, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if I were you. Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

I agree, I doubt it will be revisited, not until the next format anyway. It can be had for undet $10 at Target.

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit

I stand corrected. I didn't realize that he had done that. A little extra motivation for me to pick up The Winslow Boy now.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Thanks for fixing the title. I've bene really tempted to get this movie. It'll be a blind purchase but I've heard nothing but good things about it. And since I can get it for ridiculously cheap I'm really considering it.

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
I love Mamet, but recently sold the disc. Nothing special in video/audio quality and, ultimately, nothing special about the film. Worth one viewing, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runemesa
Recent bookmarks