What's new

height of the screen (1 Viewer)

tcbmafia

Grip
Real Name
Anthony
How do you determine the height of your screen. I am going to us a Da-lite screen that is 100" diagnol on a 11'8"' wall. The Projector I am using is a Panasonic AX-100. Can I place the Screen on the wall before knowing my seat height? thanks new at this.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
The General rule that I use is that the Center of the screen is no higher than 15 degress above your eye level when seated.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I wouldn't mount the screen until you have your seats. The rule of thumb is to have your eye level(seated) about 1/3 of the way up from bottom of screen.

Bud Huey

Stunt Coordinator
The rule of thumb I have always used is the same as Jim - eye level of your first row of seats (in case you have risers) should be 1/3 of the way up from the bottom of your screen. The other consideration is where are you going to mount your projector and how well does your projector adjust to being mounted above or below screen level. Check out the specs of your projector before you make a decision!

Good Luck,
Bud

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks