Heelp!!! Is anyone having problems logging into Ebay??

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MarcoBiscotti, Dec 19, 2005.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I need to bid on a bunch of records in my watch list that are ending soon, but for some reason I'm unable to login to "My Ebay"!

It just doesn't load, I can't even access the login page...

I was able to last night, but all of a sudden the page won't show. It's not even as though it times out... nothing happens, period! No error message, no pop-up.

Can anyone please help???

2. RichP

RichP Second Unit

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks a lot Rich!

I was afraid there might've been other factors at play... but I'm back on now and just in time to get my bids in!

[​IMG]

4. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

I'm just tired of having to login every day (or even more) when I have selected "stay logged in". This started about six months ago.

5. Todd K

Todd K Second Unit

I've noticed that problem too,

and now I'm having two problems -- when I go to enter my password and then hit the "log in" button, it clears the password field this putting me in an endless loop.

I tried going in through the main page and got through, but then when I go to pay via paypal, I get an error message saying "system error occurred."

6. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Yep, I have the same login problems.

I always click on 'keep me logged in' and every few hours I find myself logging in again... it's most frustrating when you're in a bidding war and waiting for the last 30 seconds to get your bid in but are unsure if you'll have to login all over again.

7. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Why aren't people just using proxy bidding? That would end the need to worry about last minute logins or being logged off in a critical moment.

8. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Because you are subject to shill bidding (prevalent) or simply paying more than you should have to due to people chipping at your maximum. Just because I might be willing to pay a certain amount doesn't mean I really want to. Bidding in the last seconds usually means paying the least you can in an auction.

Also, waiting until the end les you see whether placing a bid is even worthwhile, especially when there are a number of the same items available. Having already commited to one auction would preclude bidding on a different one until you were sure you weren't going to win.

9. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Exactly.

It always frustrates me when I'm watching an auction and see a bunch of people repeatedly bidding high prices nowhere near the end of the listing and jacking the totals up for no reasons whatsoever. If people would just have a little patience instead of bidding 15 times in a single afternoon, the items would end up going for half the cost!

Of course, when I'm a seller... I don't mind this so much. [​IMG]

10. Drew Clement

Drew Clement Auditioning

no problem here

11. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

You would ne proud of me Marco: I bought a Titleist 983K driver on eBay last night by waiting until the last 30 seconds to make a bid. Since I have a dialup connection at home, I was really taking a chance! [​IMG]

I too was having trouble signing into eBay yesterday, seems to be working better now.