1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RafaelB, Aug 13, 2001.

1. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

Hey-
    Has anyone seen this movie? I'm interested to see if it's as good as the stage show.
    Rafael

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I don't think there's an official review thread yet, but there are a few comments scattered throughout this thread.
    I missed the stage show, so I can't compare the two, but the movie is a lot of fun.
    M.

3. chris c

chris c Stunt Coordinator

I enjoyed the movie. The soundtrack is great and many inspired one-liners. Incidentally, before the movie, a trailer for Monty Python's Holy Grail was shown - apparently a cleaned-up print will be released in theaters soon. Can't Wait!

4. Vanessa

Vanessa Stunt Coordinator

I saw it about a week ago and really enjoyed it, however, I never saw the stage show and can't compare...
    Vanessa
    ------------------

5. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I greatly enjoyed Hedwig this last Friday. It's a fun film. The music is great, and the story is very interesting. The animation really emphasized the story at hand. I want the DVD just to get the second "music video" "The Origin of Love". Recommended [​IMG].
    ------------------
    Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
    Save Stargate SG-1 Season 6
    View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

6. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

Thanks for all your comments! I'll be seeing it tonight. I've heard that the movie's a little more linear and 'rockumentary'-type wheras the play was basically a performance of Hedwig's. I've got the movie soundtrack and it expands from what was in the show, and the production is awesome.
    Can't Wait! [​IMG]
    Rafael

7. Christina_DQ

Christina_DQ Stunt Coordinator

I wanna see this. It looks really good + the guy who plays Hedwig looks pretty fine from the pictures i've seen.
    It's only playing at one arthouse theater til the 26th & worse i don't know where the theater is,lol since it's in Minneapolis MN,while i'm in St. Paul & not that familiar with the city. Wish it'd play in a few more theaters so i get a chance to see it!

8. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    GO SEE THIS MOVIE. I can honestly say it is the best movie I have seen this Summer. Great story, great music and even a message about finding your place in life.
    I didnt see the Broadway play but I hear you only heard about the character of Tommy in the play. In the movie you see him and hes a nice site too.
    Ive seen it twice already and plan to go back.
    I wish Hollywood made more movies that were entertaining but that had a brain too.