Heavy (Liv Tyler): Anybody have this DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by David Illingworth II, Feb 27, 2004.

1. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

I really liked this movie. In fact, I was reminded how superior it was when I watched the similarly meditative Lost in Translation.
    I know the DVD is pretty old, so can anybody say how the transfer holds up? I hear the commentary is pretty good.

2. Brad HP

Brad HP Agent

The DVD looks fine to me, but I'm not a tough judge. Especially with a film like this which has just about no chance of being treated to a souped up re-issue. I seem to reach for this one a couple of times a year. The commentary was also good in my opinion (although it has been a while since I listened to it).

3. I saw this one a Kmart for $4.99 but was put off by the off-market 'Goodtimes' label (or something similar).

Packaging didn't even indicate if film was in WS.

Checked IMdb and think there was an older offical studio release (think it was C/T).

Guess I'd rather get that release, but I'll probably never see one.

4. Shane Gralaw

Shane Gralaw Second Unit

Do Pruitt Taylor Vince's (sp?) constantly shaking eyeballs freak anyone else out? It happens in every movie he does, maybe he can't control it, but it tends to distract me. Ok, slightly off topic, but still...

5. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

it's caused by some sort of disease. to tell you the truth, i've never really noticed it. pruitt taylor vince is one of my favorite character actors, but boy has he gotten big.

favorite roles:

nobody's fool
    beautiful girls
    the legend of 1900