What's new

Heavy Gear - letterboxed CGI cartoon...interesting. Any DVD in-the-works? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I was surpised to see a Saturday morning "cartoon" on this morning that was letterboxed! And it wasn't Justice League!
Link Removed is based on the Role-Playing game that DreamPod 9 originated, and Activision has turned into a computer game.
In Memphis it's syndicated on the UPN station, Channel 30, for Saturdays at 6:30 AM. It's different market-by-market, but tends to fall onto either the UPN or the WB stations, with a few Fox thrown in for kicks.
It's animated by MainFrame Entertainment (ReBoot, Beast Wars, Barbie: The Nutcracker, Action Man), and looks pretty darn good. It's distributed by Sony.
Here's the official site.
What blew my mind about this was that it is letterboxed! I was flipping around this morning on the TV in the computer room, while my wife is pulling a Saturday shift and my son was watching Digimon in the other room. When I saw the black bars, I stopped cold!
It's not a bad show, and I'll try to catch it a few more times and see more of what it's like. Apparently it's been out since September-ish, and I've never seen it because my son is committed to his Saturday morning line-up on FoxKids. Anyone know if this is coming to DVD? Gord's site (see my sig) doesn't list the show yet, but it might have slipped under his radar. As this is a syndicated job that's only a few months old, really, it's probably way too early to ask for home video. But it would be interesting if this came to DVD letterboxed! :)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have been watching the heavy gear: the animated series since the beginning. I missed a few of the middle episodes.. when they started doing the reruns. its plays on fox where I live at 6:30am.
I have a site on Actress Sarah Douglas who plays Rickka. www.sarah-douglas.com
JACOB
I have heard some reports about the dvd for heavy gear. that it will be letterbox.. not sure how episodes on each disc.. I heard it was going to be a two disc set.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Jacob, I knew you had the definitive site on Sarah D.; I just didn't realize that was her in that role!
The DVD news is welcome, especially the letterboxing; thanks for the info.
Has anyone else seen this show? Like I said, it was REALLY cool for the piece of it I saw. Is it always this good, or did I just happen to catch a well-written show? ;)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
it started off okay and has gotten alot better as the series has gone on.. I don;t know what episode you saw.. they are some really good ones.

JACOB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks