Heavy direct view sets

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rick Radford, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Rick Radford

Rick Radford Supporting Actor

What do you guys do for the heavy DV sets that just fit in the space you have for them when you need access to the back?
    Have you found something to mount them on to easily pull out and swivel around.. or do you just muscle them in and out for rear access?
    my 32" set fits nicely in my armoire and I can twist it just enough to be able to get to the back. But if I go to a 36" set (like the Hitachi), it'll just *barely* fit in the space, and will not have enuf room to twist to the side. Plus, it weighs ~160 lbs.
    ------------------
    --RR

2. John_Robinson

Me, I've been slowly wrecking my hardwood floors by sliding the whole danged cabinet out from the wall. My 32XBR400 fits in the thing with less than 1/4" to spare on either side. I really wish my house were big enough to let me construct a "built-in" space that I could access from the rear. I have some ideas, but would have to overcome the negative WAF first. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    John Robinson
    "E=mc^2 (+/- 3dB)"

3. Rick Radford

Rick Radford Supporting Actor

John,
    I also have HW floors.. but no apparent damage.. yet.
    Still, it's a PITA to have to move the whole cabinet just to get to the backside of the TV.
    Guess I oughta be glad it's not on carpeting. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    --RR
    [Edited last by Rick Radford on September 02, 2001 at 06:18 AM]

4. Tim Brewers

Tim Brewers Agent

Have you guys considered running to your local hardware store and buy some GOOD quality casters? I did when I built my stereo rack and it works great. It is very easy to get to the back of the rack when anything needs to be done. Just an idea though.
    Brew