What's new

Heavenly Creatures SE is coming! (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Just FYI. According to DVDFile, Buena Vista has announced that a special edition of Peter Jackson's Heavenly Creatures will be released on 9/27. Nothing specific about what features will be included, but let's hope Jackson takes the time to record a commentary!

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Let's hope both versions of the film are on there!

Still, it's brilliant news whatever way you look at it!

Chuck Parker

Agent
Good news indeed, my wife and I have been waiting for this for ages! I guess the rush to cash in on PJ's LOTR sucess has finally begun. It's about time this wonderful film gets it's due DVD SE treatment.

-chuck

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Other than waiting to hear the actual specs on the disc, I am thrilled. The SE was long, long overdue.

Bruce

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I also hope both versions of the film are included, despite Jackson preferring the shorter cut.

Julie K

Screenwriter
I hope we get the longer cut as well. It's got more of those classic PJ moments. Heh heh.

Now, if we could only get Universal to port the Frighteners LD SE to DVD...

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Great news indeed. Haven't seen the extended cut, so I hope it's included. I'm all with Julie on the Frighteners SE, because I haven't seen that longer cut either... :)

DustinDavis

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, I can't wait to hear the specs but just the thought of having a widescreen version of this fantastic movie has me excited. One of my most anticipated titles.

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
hot damn! Its about time. I to wish to see the extended cut, and hopefully Miramax (right?) will deliver. I'll just be happy to have it in widescreen, though. Anything else is just sweet sweet frosting on a perfect cake.

And bring on The Frighteners. I've seen the extended cut, and it adds some nessesary character development to Frank Bannister, as well as more of Johnny, AND A WALKING TURKEY CARCASS! (must see to believe)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks