What's new

Heavenly Creatures on DVD! (1 Viewer)

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator
By the end of this year, Peter Jackson will be a well known name, no better reason to put this one out on DVD, well, except that it's a damn good (and creepy) film!
I believe this is a Miramax title, right?
Jim

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Seconded, in anamorphic widescreen, with commentary preferably.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

This film is the reason why I firmly believe that LOTR-films won't be a waste of time. This film is absolutely beautiful.

Julie K

Screenwriter
What we really need on that disc is the extended version shown in New Zealand. But I doubt that will happen if Miramax does the DVD. In a perfect world, Criterion would give this film the treatment it deserves.
(And hopefully Anchor Bay is giving his first film the first class treatment it deserves as well :) )
------------------
Oh No! Another DVD List!
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Julie,
I think I read that Bad Taste will have a DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 track on it. That's a start, at least.
Dan

rhett

Supporting Actor
Here in Canada there is a bare bones DVD already out. It is P&S and with a DD 2.0 track. I wish Miramax would release an SE of this film. Can't wait for that Bad Taste DVD!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Why don't we just wait here for a while...see what happens."

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
take a look at the Sneak Peak trailers Miramax is running on their new DVDs at the moment.
several montages of movies not on DVD yet.
------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD

Julie K

Screenwriter
Don't keep us in suspense Chris
wink.gif
Is Heavenly Creatures one of the film clips or not. I don't buy a whole lot of Mirimax films so I wouldn't know.
Dan, AB is also listing Bad Taste as THX approved. I'm thinking both sound and picture are going to be good. But I'm a bit concerned that the only extra announced so far is the original Good Taste Made Bad Taste documentary. Come on AB, a commentary, some deleted scenes? Please?
------------------
Oh No! Another DVD List!
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

IvanT

Agent
For those who can't wait any longer until Miramax comes around to it, I have recently found out that Heavenly Creatures has been available for quite a while in Region 2. As expected, it's a French disc. Unfortunately, it contains no extras and has unremovable French subtitles, but... it's anamorphic 2.35:1.
It's the 99 minute version, not the 108 min full NZ cut.
As far as quality goes, the sound is pretty good (DD2.0) but the picture looks a bit washed out to me, colors seem a little flat but that's a minor gripe.
I.

Serega_M

Agent
Of course Heavenly Creatures better will be put by Miramax on DVD, and even better if as the SE or CE :) And of course it is wonderful news that soon we will see SE of Bad Taste from Anchor Bay - it will rock, I am sure. BUT - where are "Meet The Feebles" and FULL (not castrated in America under the title "Dead Alive") "Braindead"??? We NEED THEM, and although I know that there are European disks contains these titles - they are not of so good quality as far as I know. So - AB, anyone, Meet The Feebles and Braindead please :) Also - a note to Universal - maybe it is the RIGHT time to re-visit The Frighteners in the SE form, huh?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I rented this movie to see Kate Winslett after seeing her in Titanic and thought it was just amazing.
I would love to see this.
Please release this!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks