What's new

Heavenly Creatures dvd? (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Has anyone heard any rumors of the release date of this in U.S. ? I enjoyed this film, and would like to see it on dvd. Anybody else anticipating this release?

JaredB

Agent
I spoke with Peter Jackson just a couple weeks ago and at that time he knew of no plans for a special edition of either Heavenly Creatures or the Frighteners.

He said they will probably happen eventually. Of course, that wouldn't stop someone from producing a disk without his involvement, but my guess is we're going to be waiting a while.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Heavenly Creatures may be coming out on 9/24. This rumor was posted on DVDTalk, but some confirmation is available at the Miramax site :
http://www.miramax.com/vault/
The technical features section lists the aspect ratio as 1.33:1. I hope that is just a placeholder for now and that the actual DVD will be OAR and anamorphic.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Looks like Miramax's site merely posted up the cover and specs for the Canadian edition of Heavenly Creatures - which is sadly 1.33:1 and DD 2.0.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
The technical features section lists the aspect ratio as 1.33:1. I hope that is just a placeholder for now and that the actual DVD will be OAR and anamorphic.
I hope so as well. I learned from DVDEmpire not to trust whatever the site may post as "technical features". At Empire, they often have films listed as 1.33/1 with Mono sound all the way up til the release date, even though most of the films are widescreen and anamorphic with 5.1 audio. Well, again, here's hope that it's just a misprint and that they don't just re-release the title in the same version as before.
Bruce

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I second both a proper SE of Heavenly Creatures and Sirens, both with new anamorphic transfers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks